none
How do i integrate azure storage with my Azure web app with a lot of files that have to be visible by web browser?

Question

• Howdy! I have a small amount of experience with Azure storage accounts.

I am writing a web app for online trainings. each course contains a plethora of files for users to access by their web browser, sort of like a mini web site for each of them. My clients that are developing the trainings need some user friendly way to upload all of this content.

How might I approach this? I have uploaded individual files using Azure storage explorer 6, but I wouldn't want to ask users to use this tool to upload all of these files this way.

Is there a better way? anyone else have run into something like this?

Thanks!!

Thursday, October 20, 2016 8:56 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

Have you tried Cloudberry Explorer?

http://www.cloudberrylab.com/free-microsoft-azure-explorer.aspx  

It supports FTP.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alberto Morillo
    SQLCoffee.com

Thursday, October 20, 2016 9:11 PM
  • Cory,

what is the authentication/authorization method you intend to use?

hth
    Marcin

Friday, October 21, 2016 12:39 AM
  • Hi Alberto,

I installed Cloudberry, but having problems adding a new storage account to view.Its asking for my account and shared key. I cannot locate this information in the Azure portal under Properties or Access Control.

Also, It looks like I cannot create subfolders in blob storage. Am I using the incorrect storage method?

Thanks for the help

Monday, October 24, 2016 3:54 PM
  • Path obfuscation at the moment, although I would prefer a better way. It would be great if I could set this up and then have my windows forms authentication allow me to unlock the content for that particular session.
    Monday, October 24, 2016 3:55 PM
  • Hello,

Go to portal.azure.com. Go to Storage Accounts, click on the storage account you want to use with Cloudberry. After that, you will see a panel with a section saying “Settings” under that section click on Access Keys, then on the right side you will see the storage account name and the primary/secondary access keys (shared keys).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alberto Morillo
    SQLCoffee.com

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 7:04 PM