none
why is my free trial estimated to cost $15 per month RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I'm just about to review and create my 1st azure relational db (I think its called a blank db).  The estimated cost is $1.50 x 10 dtu's per month.  It clearly shows on the same page that azure knows this as a free trial.  Why the $15 charge per month on something that is supposed to be free?
    Monday, June 10, 2019 8:09 PM

Answers

• Hi I'm just about to review and create my 1st azure relational db (I think its called a blank db).  The estimated cost is $1.50 x 10 dtu's per month.  It clearly shows on the same page that azure knows this as a free trial.  Why the $15 charge per month on something that is supposed to be free?

Good day, without more information I cannot give direct answer, but If this is a free account then you might have a specific balance of cost which you can use and maybe this is the amount of cost that is reduce from the total balance you get free

AGAIN, I CANNOT KNOW IF THIS IS THE CASE!
    We have no information about which free account you use

You can open ticket in the Azure portal. As much as I remember even free account can open a ticket related to "billing"

signature   Ronen Ariely
     [Personal Site]    [Blog]    [Facebook]    [Linkedin]

• Marked as answer by db042190 Tuesday, June 11, 2019 4:29 PM
    Tuesday, June 11, 2019 1:45 AM
  • ms confirmed it is simply what I would pay after the free 12 month trial is up.  Ronen was correct in that a billing related ticket can be opened under basic support (free) right from the portal.  MS called me within a couple of hours.
    Tuesday, June 11, 2019 4:29 PM

All replies

Good day, without more information I cannot give direct answer, but If this is a free account then you might have a specific balance of cost which you can use and maybe this is the amount of cost that is reduce from the total balance you get free

AGAIN, I CANNOT KNOW IF THIS IS THE CASE!
    We have no information about which free account you use

You can open ticket in the Azure portal. As much as I remember even free account can open a ticket related to "billing"

signature   Ronen Ariely

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 1:45 AM
  • ms confirmed it is simply what I would pay after the free 12 month trial is up.  Ronen was correct in that a billing related ticket can be opened under basic support (free) right from the portal.  MS called me within a couple of hours.
    Tuesday, June 11, 2019 4:29 PM
  • Thanks for the conformation👍

Glad to hear you got the answer :-)

signature   Ronen Ariely

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 4:58 PM