none
How to hide collapsed tasks? RRS feed

• Question

• I want to hide some of my collapsed tasks. However the function of hide beam works only on the summary tasks. Suggestions?
    Tuesday, May 29, 2018 1:02 PM

All replies

• Hide,

Collapsed tasks are by definition hidden so please explain exactly what you mean. Also, what exactly is hide "beam"?

John

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 1:11 PM
  • I mean the collapsed tasks as shown down under. With beam i mean the collered strokes. I want to hide some collapsed tasks only doesn't work the function of hiding strokes, suggestions?  

Tuesday, June 5, 2018 10:38 AM
  • Hide collapsed,

By "beam" I assume you mean Gantt Bar but I don't quite understand what "strokes" are. Are they the Gantt Bars of subtasks as shown at summary level? What language version of Project are you using?

Your screen shot appears to show a summary line Gantt Bar with the option selected to show all colored Gantt Bars of subtasks at summary level. But it is still not clear what you want to do. Do you want to hide specific subtask Gantt Bars do they don't show on the summary line Gantt Bar? If so, then display the Rollup field in the Gantt Chart view and enter "yes" or "no" for each subtask as shown below. The subtasks that have a "yes" in the Rollup field will display at summary level whether the summary is expanded or collapsed.

John

Tuesday, June 5, 2018 1:22 PM