none
ReportViewer hangs (not responding) when changing page layout during rendering. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All.

I've come across an issue when using the Winforms Report Viewer control while rendering Local Reports.

I have several local (Embedded) reports which load fine and display correctly, and some of them are quite large (over 90 to 100 pages).

I've found that after the "report is being generated" spinning icon goes away, and the 1st page of the report shows, that number of pages starts to count up as the report generates them. If you change anything at all in the page setup dialog and click ok while this is happening, the report viewer will hang indefinitely and stop responding.

On top of this, there are no events that can be consumed like "OnPageSetupChanged" so that I can manually write code to stop the report viewer rendering as a work around.

As a side note, the issues with the margins on the page setup dialog are still present after VS2005 SP1. I.e., if you have metric report margins (cm) and you open the page setup dialog it changes your margins on you due to a conversion error or perhaps lack of regional settings detection - I’m not sure which.

Does anyone know of any work around to these issues - the most important being the indefinite hand of the report viewer app. I can live with automatically changing margins, its a nuisance, but not as bad as hanging your entire winforms app.

Wednesday, December 19, 2007 11:58 AM