changing password issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have a published sharepoint web site . I can login to this site successfully.

I click “I want to change my password after logging on ”. When I try change password to new, I have error message “Either the user name or old password is not valid, or the new password does not meet the minimum complexity requirements. Please try again.” Password is fully corresponds with minimum complexity requirements

Can anybody help me to solve this please

thank you

Friday, January 13, 2012 2:58 AM

Answers

• I think there is some confusion happening. First of all, the option "I want to change my password after logging on" will be to change your password once you log in to your Windows machine and not into the SharePoint site.

The next error message you are talking about relates to password changing on your desktop machine. I think your question has no relation to SharePoint and it should be asked in other forums. Or please detail your question as much as possible.

------------------------------------------

Deepu Nair.

Friday, January 13, 2012 9:15 AM

All replies

• I think there is some confusion happening. First of all, the option "I want to change my password after logging on" will be to change your password once you log in to your Windows machine and not into the SharePoint site.

The next error message you are talking about relates to password changing on your desktop machine. I think your question has no relation to SharePoint and it should be asked in other forums. Or please detail your question as much as possible.

------------------------------------------

Deepu Nair.

Friday, January 13, 2012 9:15 AM
  • Thanks Deepu

I solved that error.

Thanks alot for ur great suggestion

Monday, January 16, 2012 1:12 AM