Reusable Loading page RRS feed

• Question

• User10166 posted

I've seen examples of using the activity indicator to create a loading message in the center of a page, but the code is on the page itself. Han anyone pulled that out int an ancestor page that can be used by multiple pages in the app?

Thursday, April 2, 2015 2:49 PM

All replies

• User3466 posted

@ChristineBlanda I have a blog article that I'm working on that discuss that very topic but I will not have time to finish it until next week. Maybe someone has already done it and can share their code.

Thursday, April 2, 2015 3:14 PM
  • User10166 posted

I've got something that is most of the way there - it works in native pages, but I also want to to work when I'm loading a webview. Do you know of any event that is fired when the webview completes loading?

Thursday, April 2, 2015 8:40 PM
  • User3466 posted

@ChristineBlanda the XLabs HybridWebView supports a LoadFinished event but I am not sure the standard Xamarin Forms WebView does.

Thursday, April 2, 2015 9:34 PM
  • User10166 posted

I don't think it does either, but I already had a custom render written. so I think I am almost there ..

Thursday, April 2, 2015 9:41 PM
  • User122934 posted

Incase anyone is interested, MitchMilam wrote a post about this loading message functionality and also posted a solution on GitHub at the following links below. Thanks much!:

- the post - the code

Monday, July 20, 2015 6:08 PM