Select a valid device before running the application RRS feed

• Question

• User131224 posted

Hello:

I have a problem when compiling the ejcutable to the App Store. Since Visual studio comunity 2017 I give the button I get the message. It may be that a bug in you Mac xamarim, since the Mac makes the Visual studio host.

this message is:

Select a valid device before running the application

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 10:47 AM

All replies

• User261475 posted

I am not sure if I understand you correctly but did you use the same version of Xamarin on Mac and on Windows? You should use the latest stable build at both of them. The next step to check is the build configuration. Dont use "iPhoneSimulator" if you want to publish to the app store. Also I would recommand to use Visual Studio or Xamarin Studio on Mac to publish the iOS app but I guess thats just a personal think...

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 4:32 PM
  • User21936 posted

@jramos118hotmailcom

Sounds like you are hitting the "Run" button to run the app without an iOS Device attached but Device selected in the Device drop down list. See our guide on building an IPA for publishing to the App Store: https://developer.xamarin.com/guides/ios/deployment,testing,andmetrics/appdistribution/app-store-distribution/publishingtotheappstore/#BuildingandSubmittingtheDistributable

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 10:05 PM
  • User131224 posted

xamarim studio version 6.2 mac xamarim ios 10.4 the mac

Visual studuo comunnity 2107 the 10 Windows in the visual studio community 2017 has as an option extensión to install xamarim

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 7:35 AM