none
Need to set Current Active cell in Excel 2013 using Office JS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi , 

Just assume i have a table object with header and rows... and In office JS i can write the table data into excel sheet starting from current active selection using setSelectedDataAsync method... 

Before setting data, Rather i would like to set the current Active cell programatically(to be always A1) using office js.. Is it possible to handle this situation at present ??? 

Regards,
    Ram

Monday, October 20, 2014 6:44 AM

Answers

• Hi Ram,

>>Before setting data, Rather i would like to set the current Active cell programatically(to be always A1) using office js.. Is it possible to handle this situation at present ??? <<

Did you mean that you want to change the active cell via Office.js? If I understood correctly, here is a sample to active the A1 on the sheet1 for your reference:

Office.context.document.goToByIdAsync("Sheet1!A1", Office.GoToType.NamedItem, function (asyncResult) {

});

You can get more detail about this method from link below:
    Document.goToByIdAsync method

Best regards

Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 9:31 AM

All replies

• Hi Ram,

>>Before setting data, Rather i would like to set the current Active cell programatically(to be always A1) using office js.. Is it possible to handle this situation at present ??? <<

Did you mean that you want to change the active cell via Office.js? If I understood correctly, here is a sample to active the A1 on the sheet1 for your reference:

Office.context.document.goToByIdAsync("Sheet1!A1", Office.GoToType.NamedItem, function (asyncResult) {

});

You can get more detail about this method from link below:
    Document.goToByIdAsync method

Best regards

Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 9:31 AM
  • I have just upgraded to Excel 2016 and this function no longer works! Any ideas? I have had it working perfectly in 2010 and 2013. I've checked all the usual security options in the trust center, but it feels like something is blocking it.
    Tuesday, October 27, 2015 7:04 AM