Change data capture and replication RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello All,

Change data capture was enabled and later we have configured Transactional Replication since then we are experiencing problems. I know both these should not be enabled on the same instance. Is there any work around for this kind of situation

Thanks

Vam435 

Monday, July 11, 2016 5:55 PM

Answers

• Hi Vam435,

Could you please tell us which problem you have met and when you meet this problem? You can pour the full error message to us. You can get error message from SQL Server Error Log which can be found in %Program Files%\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQLxx.xxxxxx\MSSQL\Log\ ERRORLOG.

Based on my test, change data capture and transactional replication can coexist in the same database. However, please pay attention to the following points.

1. The CDC features will be dropped with the next initialization, you can enable replication first and then enable CDC.
    2. Population of the change tables is handled differently when both features are enabled.
    3. If there is any latency in writing to the distribution database, there will be a corresponding latency before changes appear in the change tables.

Regards,
    Teige

Tuesday, July 12, 2016 10:15 AM

All replies

• Care to explain the problems that you are experiencing?

Please mark the answer as helpful if i have answered your query. Thanks and Regards, Kartar Rana

Tuesday, July 12, 2016 5:37 AM
  • Hi Vam435,

Could you please tell us which problem you have met and when you meet this problem? You can pour the full error message to us. You can get error message from SQL Server Error Log which can be found in %Program Files%\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQLxx.xxxxxx\MSSQL\Log\ ERRORLOG.

Based on my test, change data capture and transactional replication can coexist in the same database. However, please pay attention to the following points.

1. The CDC features will be dropped with the next initialization, you can enable replication first and then enable CDC.
    2. Population of the change tables is handled differently when both features are enabled.
    3. If there is any latency in writing to the distribution database, there will be a corresponding latency before changes appear in the change tables.

Regards,
    Teige

Tuesday, July 12, 2016 10:15 AM