Move if 6 months old RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to figure out a method to move any document in my library with a modified date that is less than (older than) "today-6months". I am running into the Today() issue of it not updating unless the document is modified. can anyone help with this?

I want something like:

If Current Item:Modified is less than (TODAY()-180) Copy Document to Archive

Tuesday, May 1, 2018 1:15 PM

Answers

• Hi Olivetwist,

There is another Out of the box option called Document Retention Policy which can be used for this purpose.

Please find the below article which provide steps to setup retention policy of document library.

https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/uploadfile/anavijai/retention-policy-for-a-document-library-in-sharepoint-2010/

Ramakrishnan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

Wednesday, May 2, 2018 7:21 AM
  • Hi,

Where did you want to move?

If you want to move this documents to another document library, you can use the workflow.

About the time setting in the workflow, you can refer to the following setting.

In the condition, you can set to move the document to another document library.

Best Regards,

Carl Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Carl__Zhou Monday, May 7, 2018 9:55 AM
    • Marked as answer by olivetwist Wednesday, May 9, 2018 7:14 PM
    Wednesday, May 2, 2018 9:49 AM

All replies

• Hi Olivetwist,

There is another Out of the box option called Document Retention Policy which can be used for this purpose.

Please find the below article which provide steps to setup retention policy of document library.

https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/uploadfile/anavijai/retention-policy-for-a-document-library-in-sharepoint-2010/

Ramakrishnan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

Wednesday, May 2, 2018 7:21 AM
  • Hi,

Where did you want to move?

If you want to move this documents to another document library, you can use the workflow.

About the time setting in the workflow, you can refer to the following setting.

In the condition, you can set to move the document to another document library.

Best Regards,

Carl Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Carl__Zhou Monday, May 7, 2018 9:55 AM
    • Marked as answer by olivetwist Wednesday, May 9, 2018 7:14 PM
    Wednesday, May 2, 2018 9:49 AM
  • I actually ended up using a combination of the 2 suggestions. I created a workflow that simply copies the form from the main library to an archive library and the deletes it from the main. this workflow is triggered by a retention policy I added. the retention looks for any form with a modified date less than TODAY - 6 months triggers the workflow to run. Maybe it was a step too many and could have done it in one but it works. thanks for the suggestions
    Wednesday, May 9, 2018 7:14 PM