MAS-Gwy01 fails to get IP on Internal and External adapters RRS feed

• Question

• When Deployment was complete my Azure host got a bluescreen (crashed) and after it rebooted the MAS-Gwy01 failed to get ip addresses on the Internal and External adapters (APIPA addresses)

Where should the get their IP's from?

All other VM's have correct IP addresses.

Cheers!

Daniel

Studied Cloud Computing Engineer. Curious about Azure Stack

Thursday, December 8, 2016 4:05 PM

Answers

• If you have the google dns configured on the host, this will be addedd to che forwarders of dns on mas-dc01.

Cheers

Icecore

Monday, December 12, 2016 11:42 AM

All replies

• Hello,

We are checking on the query and would get back to you soon on this.
    I apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your time and patience in this matter.

Regards,
    Neelesh

Friday, December 9, 2016 3:31 PM
  • Not sure why this crashed, but the fact that the internal adapter did not get an address is by design.  However the External adapter should have received an IP Address.  Can you please try rebooting the MAS-GWY01 VM again and see if it gets an address this time?
    Friday, December 9, 2016 6:38 PM
  • Not sure why this crashed, but the fact that the internal adapter did not get an address is by design.  However the External adapter should have received an IP Address.  Can you please try rebooting the MAS-GWY01 VM again and see if it gets an address this time?

Hi Scott and thanks for your suggestion!

I did reboot MAS-Gwy01 and got the following result:

Internal : 169.254.132.31 (APIPA)

Management : 192.168.200.8

External : 192.168.104.4

What i can't understand is, most of the machines get their DHCP from the DHCP server on 192.168.200.6, this is the MAS-DC01, but i can't find DHCP server settings on that machine.. Also DNS seems to be a problem, instead of relying on MAS-DC01 to handle dns, can't I use googles DNS (8.8.8.8)?

Also I'm trying to find a IP-adress "map" but I'm unable to do so. 

Studied Cloud Computing Engineer. Curious about Azure Stack

Monday, December 12, 2016 9:17 AM
  • If you have the google dns configured on the host, this will be addedd to che forwarders of dns on mas-dc01.

Cheers

Icecore

Monday, December 12, 2016 11:42 AM
  • Azure Stack TP3 has been released on March 1, 2017.

If you are experiencing any issues with the TP2 release, please download and redeploy using the latest Azure Stack POC deployment package

Please see the updated deployment documentation:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-stack/azure-stack-run-powershell-script

And updated Azure Stack Docs:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-stack/

If you experience any issues with TP3 release, feel free to contact us.

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/hybrid-application-innovation-with-azure-and-azure-stack/

Wednesday, March 1, 2017 7:19 PM