none
kinect to windows 8 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i am having massive trouble getting my Kinect 2 to connect and work properly on windows.

it's on a windows 8 HP Z230

the tower has built in usb 3

what happens is, the sdk config verifier connects to the device, it powers on and the lights come on everything is ticked green.

But, usb controller has an exclamation mark on it, and then the bottom section called verfiy depth and color keeps going from Green to red cross endlessly, as if the device is unplugged and plugged back in again in an endless loop.

i also tried a pci USB3 card from Transcend and the same happens.

what am i missing? drivers? anything more than the kinect 2 drivers i got and installed?

please help :(

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 9:54 AM

All replies

• Unfortunately this could probably be due to several things, judging from the Troubleshooter and other people with this problem. If changing the USB did not affect anything that could be a clue.
    I suggest try to read other's posts about the depth/color fps to try to get more clues for your case. Try to notice if it changes over time, that is, if it gets stable at some longer periods. Some seem to have experienced that (including me), here's one link about that; https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e115ca80-9a2b-4abb-82dd-0f113993e6b0/kinect-for-windows-v2-color-stream-and-depth-stream-latency-problem?forum=kinectv2sdk.
    Pay attention to if your drivers are updated. 
    Personally I think that it may be some problems for those of us with computers that takes customized drivers from the manufacturer and it could be difficult to know if you have a for instance a new updated intel driver or a somewhat "halfnew" manufacturer driver. As I said, I have this issue too, but on Win 10 (post https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d8fab58c-201a-4331-9a17-2c53aa9f9db4/depth-color-fps-unstable-but-went-stable-when-internet-connection-crashed?forum=kinectv2sdk) But I'm not an Windows expert, so could be completely different reasons.
    Sunday, December 20, 2015 11:06 PM