none
Item_read no longer fires RRS feed

• General discussion

• I am having a problem with item_read not firing in a custom form that is in production for quite some time. (Since 2005)

In the item_read function a the flag called Itemread is checked throughout the entire iteim_open function

As you can see, there is no conditional setting of the flag except when you are in the "drafts" folder.

In what I read, this logic should moved to item_open but if the event doenst fire how do I mimick the firing of the event in item_open?

'*******************************************************************************************

'*      I T E M   R E A D   

'*******************************************************************************************

Function Item_Read()

Itemread = True

FromDraft = False

Set oCurrentFolder = Application.ActiveExplorer.CurrentFolder

If oCurrentFolder.Name = "Drafts" then

Itemread = False

FromDraft = True

End If

End Function

Monday, June 16, 2014 8:10 PM

All replies

• Hello,

How did you subscribe to the Read event?

BTW Did you leave the "send form definition with item" box unchecked?

That's a requirement if you want the form to run code. You can read more about this on the Customizing Outlook Message Forms page.

Monday, June 16, 2014 8:24 PM
  • Why do you say that Item_Open isn't firing? Have you tried it in a published form?

What changed in the form? It should fire Item_Read just as it always did unless something changed in the form.

If you add MsgBox calls in both event handlers, change the version of the form and publish it, do the events fire and the MsgBox's fire?

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 2:17 PM