redistributing RRS feed

• Question

•  I have written an application that utilizes Microsoft Office Document Imaging (MODI) and the program will not run on client machines that do not have Microsoft Office 2003 or latter installed.  I would like to know who to contact at Microsoft to purchase a license that would enable me to install MODI in the msi package. 
    I have already tried to create my own control to view tiff files in the same manner and behavior as the MODI however I have run into a dead end  when the tiff files are of a large size.  

mybitmap = Image.FromFile("c:\Raster\log.tif") will not work with large files.??????????????????

thanks, Myles

mjw
    Friday, December 12, 2008 12:30 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Myles

I'm afraid the MODI functionality is not part of VSTO. We can't help you, in the VSTO forum.

FWIW, licensing questions are usually best asked of your local Microsoft agency. However, with things that "belong" to Office there is no option for distributing them as part of your application. Microsoft Access's run-time version was the one exception.

For the question about graphics file sizes you need to look for a forum (such as the one on .NET classes) the works with graphics.

I'm going to move this message thread to the "Where is the forum for..." forum so that you can get some more exact redirection.
    Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP
    Friday, December 12, 2008 1:41 PM
  • Office forums: www.answers.microsoft.com

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Saturday, March 31, 2012 4:23 AM