none
Does Multipath I-O Test (LOGO) support SAN-boot environment RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

I'm using HCK2.1 for Hardware Raid Array testing which covers Windows2008R2Sp1 with FC connection to the storage. And also there is a third party multipath driver installed and need to be signed via this testing result. Just one question about the case  "Multipath I-O Test (LOGO)". Does it support SAN-boot environment?

I've read through the case description from the link, but does not get a clear answer.

Anyone can help on this?

Thanks!

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 1:58 AM

All replies

• Hi Ameliea,

According to MSFT, Windows OS supports Multipath Boot Disk. If you have installed your OS in multipath environment, then this test should support SAN-boot.

Thanks,

Mudit

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 3:58 AM
  • hi Mudit,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried several times on SANboot OS, but it turned out MPIO Logo Test cannot proceed. Every time when "Run Test" begins, the host will reboot unexpectly, which is also showed in the "Error" when right clicking the "Run Test".

So I switched to local boot and this case passed successfully.

Thanks,

Emily

Friday, June 13, 2014 3:14 AM
  • Hi Emily,

First check that MPIO is really working on OS boot. While OS is up and running, disable all paths except one and see OS is still up and running. If this is not happening, then MPIO is not working.

Thanks,

Mudit

Friday, June 13, 2014 6:34 AM
  • hi Mudit,

MPIO is working for OS boot. The OS is installed with single path. Once the system is up, the third party multipath driver is installed. Then add the remaining 3 path. So for each LUN, there are 4 paths. For verification, removed 3 paths and the OS is still working.

Just wondering is it because the third party multipath driver used?

Thanks,

Emily

• Edited by Ameliea Tuesday, June 24, 2014 12:07 PM
    Tuesday, June 24, 2014 12:06 PM
  • Hi Ameliea,

Thrid party MPIO driver? what it mean actually? Install Windows MPIO feature and DSM if requires, and add your arrays, it should automatically configure the MPIO.

Thanks,

Mudit

Tuesday, June 24, 2014 12:44 PM