Check Box with list RRS feed

• Question

• I am looking for instructions describing how to create a list with check boxes as shown below in 2010.

swirling in .NET

• Edited by NZCole Friday, May 11, 2018 4:40 AM
    Friday, May 11, 2018 4:37 AM

All replies

• If the items to be listed are values at a column position in rows in a table, then the table should include a Boolean (Yes/No) column and you'd use a bound form, in continuous forms view, based on a query which returns the Boolean column and the column containing the values to be listed.  If the values are a fixed set, not stored in a table, then you'd use an unbound form with check box controls and labels for each of the items to be listed.

Ken Sheridan, Stafford, England

Friday, May 11, 2018 11:24 AM
  • That looks a bit like a Microsoft ListView ActiveX control, which can be added through the ActiveX Controls menu item on the Controls ribbon. Do you want something that uses data binding or does it not matter? Keep in mind that the ListBox in Access supports multi-select capabilities, although there is no checkbox functionality built in.

Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Friday, May 11, 2018 1:13 PM
  • Hi,

I wonder if you're referring to multi-value fields (MVF). It's a new "feature" starting with Access 2007. Many developers recommend avoiding it.

To create a MVF, you'll have to go to the Table's Design and select the field you want to make a MVF. Then in the Lookup tab, you'll set the Control Type to Combo or Listbox. Also, set the Allow multiple values to Yes.

Hope it helps...

Friday, May 11, 2018 1:15 PM
  • Hello NZcole,

Since I did not find any setting to give ListView an vertical scroll, I think a TreeView object may be more suitable for you. It was also an ActiveX control.

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 14, 2018 3:29 AM
  • Hi NZCole,

Do you have any issue with this thread?

If not, I would suggest you mark the helpful reply as answer which is the way to close a thread here.

If you do, please feel free to let us know.

Best Regards,

Tao Zhou

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 1, 2018 8:10 AM