publishing your program RRS feed

• Question

• Hi i published my (almost)awesome webbrowser and copied the program on my flash drive to give to my freinds but it gets an error report when i install it on there com.

it says :

ERROR SUMMARY
     Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
     * Activation of C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Adams Browser 3.0.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
      + Downloading file:///C:/Documents and Settings/Owner/Desktop/Application Files/Adams Browser 3.0_3_4_2_6/Adams Browser 3.0.exe.manifest did not succeed.
      + Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Application Files\Adams Browser 3.0_3_4_2_6\Adams Browser 3.0.exe.manifest'.
      + Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Application Files\Adams Browser 3.0_3_4_2_6\Adams Browser 3.0.exe.manifest'.

im confused whats missing it works on my com.?

HELP!!!

Thanks, GOD BLESS!!!
    Friday, May 21, 2010 4:21 PM

Answers

• How did you copy the app from your computer to the flash?

It seems that you published you app using clickonce deployement. You need to copy all items from your publish folder to your flash card not just the setup.exe (i.e. Application Files folder, setup.exe, and Adams Browser 3.0_3_4_2_6

• Marked as answer by NRA3088 Monday, May 24, 2010 6:15 PM
    Monday, May 24, 2010 6:03 PM

All replies

• anyone
    Thanks, GOD BLESS!!!
    Friday, May 21, 2010 6:24 PM
  • Did you create a Setup Project for your application (File...New Project...Other Project Types...Setup and Deployment). More than likely you are missing some dependent files.

Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)
    Friday, May 21, 2010 6:32 PM
  • Did you include a "Adams Browser 3.0.exe.manifest" file with your "Adams Browser 3.0.exe" file?
    Friday, May 21, 2010 6:38 PM
  • no i did not try that paul but i will ty.

uh... dave how would i go about doing that?

Thanks, GOD BLESS!!!
    Saturday, May 22, 2010 2:21 PM
  • paul i tryed and i couldnt find other prjoject types in file<New Project

its not there so what should i do now

Saturday, May 22, 2010 3:10 PM
  • does anyone know
    Thanks Guys, GOD BLESS!!!
    Saturday, May 22, 2010 6:39 PM
  • Which version of Visual Basic are you using?

Monday, May 24, 2010 12:33 PM
  • 2010 express
    Monday, May 24, 2010 5:45 PM
  • How did you copy the app from your computer to the flash?

It seems that you published you app using clickonce deployement. You need to copy all items from your publish folder to your flash card not just the setup.exe (i.e. Application Files folder, setup.exe, and Adams Browser 3.0_3_4_2_6

• Marked as answer by NRA3088 Monday, May 24, 2010 6:15 PM
    Monday, May 24, 2010 6:03 PM
  • ty ahmed, dave and paul
    Monday, May 24, 2010 6:16 PM
  • 2010 express

Yeah, in the Express Edition it's Build...Publish (it looks like you know where that is).

BTW, the forum for the Express Edition is listed below:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/Vsexpressvb/threads

• Proposed as answer by Shariq Ayaz Monday, May 24, 2010 10:12 PM
    Monday, May 24, 2010 6:32 PM