Not able to call WCF service from the Azure logic app. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We have a requirement to call the WCF web service from the logic app.
    We have achieved the calling by using the Azure function code but we need to achieve the same by using the Azure logic app.

We have tried the custom connector SOAP (PREVIEW) feature to call our WCF web service but it is returning an error message i.e. 
    {
      "error": {
        "code": "a:InvalidSecurity",
        "message": "An error occurred when verifying security for the message."
    }
    }
    even we have provided the username and password.

Does anyone have an IDEA about it?

OR Does anyone share any help to use "SOAP pass-through" and steps to call the WCF web service by using manual soap call?

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. Regards, Munavvar Husein

Monday, November 19, 2018 2:46 PM

All replies

• Is this an on premises service/ third party service ??

What kind of security does the service expect and have you implemented the same security protocol?

Mandar Dharmadhikari

Monday, November 19, 2018 11:11 PM
  • Hello  Mandar Dharmadhikari,

Thanks for the reply.

This is a third party WCF service having Basic authentication security implemented.
    Also, we are able to call the same service in ".Net console application program".

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. Regards, Munavvar Husein

Tuesday, November 20, 2018 4:34 AM
  • Hi ,

If you can call through Azure functions ,then i assume you can call the service through logic Apps as well . You can use the HTTP connector and verify the header and payload when you send the request to the web service 

Let me know if that works for you 

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply

Thursday, November 22, 2018 1:14 AM
  • Hello Abhishek,

Do you have any step by step process to use the HTTP connector and verify the header and payload?

Any help would much appreciated.

Monday, December 3, 2018 5:10 AM
  • Hi,

Here is the steps to configure the HTTP or HTTPS endpoints using the Azure Logic Apps(Refer Link#1),

Link#1 https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/connectors/connectors-native-http

HTH

Hope this Helps!!!! Regards, Note: Please Mark As Answered if you satisfy with Reply.

Monday, December 3, 2018 7:55 AM