Why does Windows Store open instead of my App?

Question

• I just finished packaging and installing my App, and when I open my app from the start screen, my app doesn't open. The Windows Store opens and displays a "Windows Store coming soon..." message.

Why? Have I done something wrong, how can I fix this?

Saturday, December 3, 2011 6:34 PM

All replies

• Hi J,

Windows Store  was not open in this Develop Preview edition. You cannot use the store now. And you only can install and test your app locally. Please refer to this document about "How to: Install, validate, and upload your package" and "Tutorial: Creating, testing, and publishing your app"

Sincerely,

Bob Bao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Monday, December 5, 2011 8:08 AM
  • Hey Bob,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I understand that the Windows Store isn't available yet. The problem I was having was, even though I tried to Package my app locally, and then run it from the Start screen, the Windows Store App still loads and displays a Coming Soon message. Instead of my apps icon (tile, sorry) opening my app, it opens the Windows Store app.

Monday, December 5, 2011 1:57 PM
  • That behavior implies the app is not installed. Could you elaborate on your deployment process steps and the target OS image details? If you were following the steps in Tutorial: Creating, testing, and publishing your app (1 of 2) could you provide the output from Add-AppxDevPackage.bat?

Thanks

-David

Monday, December 5, 2011 10:28 PM