SSRS CSV export without using URL Access RRS feed

• Question

• I am using URL access to export a report as CSV. This method has a 260 char limit which I have exceeded due to the number of parameters values I am passing.

Is it possible to set the default render method (in the RLD file perhaps) for a single report to CSV? If yes my users can simple run the report in ReportManager, select parameter values, and render?

Otherwise what method is available to render in CSV directly (not via the export button) whilst passing many parameter values?

Monday, May 22, 2017 3:13 AM

All replies

• Hi Colin Hodges,

As we know, the default rendering format is MHTML, there is no method to modify the default rendering format in RDL file directly.

Based on my research, if you want to set rendering extension parameters for a specific report or render operation, you must specify device information programmatically using the Render method or by specifying device information settings on a report URL.You can refer to  Render Method for details. Or you can remove the corresponding rendering extension, it will apply for all reports.  And if you remove it , it might cause certain error. You can refer to  Removing a Rendering Extension for details.

In addition, you can disable the rendering extensions in rsreportserver(Report server configuration file), you can set the visible property for the extensions. But this will apply for the all reports and if you disable all the extensions except the CSV, SSRS might run failure. One workaround is that you can disable the export options on special report by configuring Javascript in Report.aspx page. So that users can view it in MHTML, and when them want to export the report, they only have one choice(CSV).  You can refer to Disable Export Options Per Report in SSRS 2012/ 2014 for details.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Zoe Zhi

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 23, 2017 5:26 AM