none
Project Site link takes you to Project Details Page RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,

So until today if I clicked on a project and opened it in the PWA the quick launch menu would show:

[project name]

Project Details

Schedule

Project Site

etc

Before today if you click on "Project Site" you would go to the team site; as you would expect. Now however if I click on that link I'm taken to the Project Details Pages list (ie the library containing the pages for ProjectDetails, ProjectInformation, Schedule, StrategicImpact, WorkflowStageStatus.

I have been working on setting up new enterprise project types the last few days which includes project schedule templates and site templates. I've back tracked to see if I could work out how I might have caused this to occur but I've come up stumps. Any thoughts or pointers from anyone would be awesome?

Regards,
    Conrad

Thursday, October 16, 2014 6:15 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Have you tried this on another machine / browser?

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS

Thursday, October 16, 2014 8:46 AM
  • Hi Paul,

I have just tested using Firefox. I get a similar (but not the same) result. With Firefox I get directed to the Project Details page itself rather than the Project Site which is even stranger.

I have multiple PWA instances, this issue only effects 1 of them and not all. I can only think its somehow related to the Enterprise Project types; the other PWAs do not have any project type customisations. Is anyone else experiencing this with Project Online?

Regards,
    Conrad

• Edited by ConradD Thursday, October 16, 2014 11:11 PM
    Thursday, October 16, 2014 11:06 PM
  • Hello,

I haven't seen this before. Do you have custom site templates with the EPTs? If so can you test with the default "Project Site" set as the site template on the EPTs? I think you may need to raise a support ticket via your Office 365 tenant support page to get this investigated.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS

Sunday, October 19, 2014 7:49 PM
  • Are you still coming across the issue?

Cheers! Happy troubleshooting !!! Dinesh S. Rai - MSFT Enterprise Project Management Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, October 27, 2014 10:35 PM