WFP for implementing a TCP proxy RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

i need to implement a TCP proxy between the transport and the network layer in order to capture and cache TCP data packets and ACK packets and to process a local acknowledgement and a local retransmission of losr packets. actually i am wondering whether WFP would be useful in the case of my application cause i have no clue about it.

Thanks!

Rad
    • Moved by Rob Pan Monday, May 23, 2011 3:42 AM for better support (From:Visual C++ Language)
    Friday, May 20, 2011 5:57 PM

All replies

• Without having any decent knowledge in this part of the PC (namely networking), I do know that TCP = Transmission Control Protocol, and it is my understanding that TCP does take care of retransmissions.  So what you are trying to do is already made.

Or maybe I did not understand.

MCP
    Friday, May 20, 2011 8:07 PM
  • You probably want to visit the WFP forum instead of a C++ language forum if you want to learn WFP.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Friday, May 20, 2011 8:38 PM
  • Hi,

According to your description and Sheng's suggestion, it seems that this thread is about WFP. So I will move it to the correct forum for better support.

Thanks for your understanding. If anything is unclear, please feel free and post to the MSDN forum.

Best Regards,

Rob

Rob Pan [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, May 23, 2011 3:41 AM