none
Confused in using SSL certificate for MDM server RRS feed

• Question

• I am configuring windows MDM server for which I am using SSL wild card certificate. 

I want to know whether I can use this certificate for further server implementation.

Or I need a SSL certificate with the same hostname? 

Please help me out..

Monday, August 17, 2015 12:24 PM

Answers

• Hi tPradeepkr:

I am archiving this issue due to lack of response. If you want to work on this issue, please feel free to post here or send an email to dochelp at Microsoft dot com.

Regards, Obaid Farooqi

Tuesday, September 8, 2015 4:45 PM
    Owner

All replies

• Hello tPradeepkr,

The purpose of this forum is to support the Open Specifications documentation. It sounds like you are asking about configuring a Microsoft product, which is beyond the scope of these forums. I have not found a product or feature named Windows MDM Server, so I am not entirely certain where the best place for you to ask this question is. If you are using System Center Mobile Device Manager, it has a forum here: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=SCMDM.

If you are using another product, or if I have misunderstood the nature of your question, please let me know.

Best regards,
    Matt Weber | Microsoft Open Specifications Team

Monday, August 17, 2015 2:54 PM
  • Hello tPradeepkr,

Based on the additional information you provided in your other thread in this forum, I believe this question is in the correct place as well. A member of the protocol documentation team will respond to you soon.

Best regards,
    Matt Weber | Microsoft Open Specifications Team

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 2:08 PM
  • Hi tPradeepkr:

Can you please give me details about as to at what stage you are in the testing of your server? Are you still in the enrollment stage? What happens if you try to enroll a Windows machine with your server?

There is a document available at

"http://download.microsoft.com/download/8/6/B/86BAC59D-0DA3-4B9C-AF15-C077DC0D46CF/Windows 8.1 Enterprise Device Management Protocol.pdf"

You may want to consult this document. In past many developers have used it successfully to implement their servers.

Regards, Obaid Farooqi

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 4:37 PM
    Owner
  • Hi tPradeepkr:

I haven't received a response on my request. Are you still working on this issue or is it resolved?

Regards, Obaid Farooqi

Tuesday, September 1, 2015 3:28 PM
    Owner
  • Hi tPradeepkr:

I am archiving this issue due to lack of response. If you want to work on this issue, please feel free to post here or send an email to dochelp at Microsoft dot com.

Regards, Obaid Farooqi

Tuesday, September 8, 2015 4:45 PM
    Owner