Accees to children Values in MDS 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everybody !

What i want to do is to create buisness rule in MDS 2016 using children values. I know that it is possible to use attribut value of a parent (depends of hierachy created before) but i don't know if it is possible to use children values. Is it possible to do it with MDS 2016???

Thanks !!

Monday, July 4, 2016 10:42 AM

Answers

• Hi !

Yes i worked on retrieving data of child entities, but you can't do it using default buisness rules on mds. You have to define extended buisness rules using sql script. It's the unique way to retrieve data children values !

Regards.

Lamine

Monday, July 11, 2016 3:58 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I am not answering to your question here and that's bad but I am really stuck and need to resolve it very soon and thought you may have done this before. I am writing a customized application using MDS API.

Have you worked on retrieving data of child entities, if so can you help me with that? 

Thanks!
    Friday, July 8, 2016 11:23 PM
  • Hi !

Yes i worked on retrieving data of child entities, but you can't do it using default buisness rules on mds. You have to define extended buisness rules using sql script. It's the unique way to retrieve data children values !

Regards.

Lamine

Monday, July 11, 2016 3:58 PM
  • Thanks for the response.

Can you look into it and explain a bit about the procedure?

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/43ead99e-a739-4162-b935-23eda4c0adcd/retrieving-data-of-child-entities-mds-api?forum=sqlmds

As you said for child entities it doesn't allow you to search database on references defined in children.

Kind Regards,

Jahanzeb

Tuesday, July 12, 2016 6:13 AM