none
Share Custom Word Dictionary on Server to a Specific File, Automatically Loads Without Users Having to Select the New Custom Dictonary RRS feed

• Question

• I am able to assign a new custom dictionary to a Word document, upload it to my company's universal drive, and use the new document with the assigned custom dictionary when reopening it. This document also continues to route to the new custom dictionary, but only for myself. The custom dictionary .dic file is also saved within the same folder on the universal drive. New users must go through the process of selecting the custom dictionary in order to access it. It there any way this new custom dictionary can automatically be set as the default for all users when opening this document? I would love to make this process as simple as possible for all users within the company. 

Thank you for any help provided!
    Saturday, November 1, 2014 8:45 PM

Answers

• Hi Kgilescape,

Thanks for posting in MSDN forum.

Based on the description, you want to add the custom dictionary for every user who open the specific document.

As far as I know, we can use Dictionaries Object to add new custom dictionary. To automatically add it when user open a document, we can use Document_open event.

And to make the document enable macros we need to save it as *.docm. Here is a sample to add a new custom dictionary for your reference:

Function existDictonary(dictonaryName As String)
    For Each d In CustomDictionaries
     If d.Name = dictonaryName Then
        existDictonary = True
        Exit Function
     End If

Next d
    existDictonary = False
    End Function

Private Sub Document_Open()
    If Not existDictonary("test.dic") Then
        CustomDictionaries.Add "test.dic"
    End If
    End Sub

If I misunderstood, please feel free to let me know.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, November 3, 2014 5:19 AM