none
WBF IOCTL_BIOMETRIC_CAPTURE_DATA status code on failure RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I don't know if it's the most relevant forum for this kind of question, but this is it:

It's about development of WBDI (Windows Biometric Driver Interface) for WBF (Windows Biometric Framework) using UMDF v2 (User-Mode Driver Framework).
    I have a question on the implementation of IOCTL_BIOMETRIC_CAPTURE_DATA when there is a failure (like WINBIO_E_DATA_COLLECTION_IN_PROGRESS for example).

Should we propagate this error code:

• from WINBIO_CAPTURE_DATA.WinBioHresult field
    • or from the I/O Status Block of the IOCTL request like WdfRequestComplete(Request, NTSTATUS_FROM_WIN32(WINBIO_E_DATA_COLLECTION_IN_PROGRESS))?

Thanks for your support,

Regards,
    Nico

• Moved by Xavier Xie-MSFT Thursday, August 17, 2017 3:03 AM driver relevant question
    Wednesday, August 16, 2017 9:48 AM

All replies

• Hi Nicolas Meunier,

Since your issue was more related to Windows Hardware Driver Development, please post a new thread on Windows Hardware WDK and Driver Development forum.

This forum only supports UWP development issue, your issue was out of the scope for this forum.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Xavier Eoro

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 17, 2017 3:01 AM