none
I can't directly access my Drives. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone,

I can't directly access my Drives (C:\,D:\, etc) when I click on them, rather I have to Right click and click on "Explore" ot find the dives directly from "Address" bar. I think some type of Virus/Malware cause this problem in my "Registry" or one part of my System. This problem stars after I once used infected Flash disk or infected game DVD, I scanned My system with MSE(Microsoft Security Essentials) and Microsoft's "Malicous Software Removal Tool" but there is no sign of infection. I think my "Registry" is severely compromised by a rootkit malware or any threat attack, may be in kernel level. Please, help me to fix this problem.

My system is XP, Media center edition, version 2002, service pack 2

Thanks,

auraT

Thursday, March 25, 2010 12:46 PM

All replies

• Hello friend.......yeah, you are right...you were affected from flash disk......

there has few solutions....first take backup of your important data from one hard disk partition (Exmp. make copy everything from d: to E:) to another partition.....then simply format the partition...restore your data from backup place. Do the procedures for rest of the drives except C:.

Else, you can try AVG 9.0.184 ...(either genuine or cracked version....from rapidshare, hotfiles,mediafire you can easily find out it)..update it and scan whole computer with slow scan.......I hope it will works.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010 7:55 AM