none
Customize Excel 2016 Ribbon with VBA RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I need to create an Add-in that is distributable to a large number of users. 

The first thing that I would like the Add-in to do is create a custom tab and group on their Excel ribbon.

I am assuming that I need to use VBA to do this.  How can I accomplish this programmatically?

Code samples are very much appreciated.

Thanks,

M. Wilson

M. Wilson

Friday, April 14, 2017 8:51 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I notice that you are looking for some VBA codes for the requirement. This forum focuses on general discussion for Excel. To better resolve your issue, I would move it to Excel for developers forum for further discussion.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 17, 2017 5:30 AM
  • Hello,

You could create an Excel add-in (.xlam) file and customize ribbon for the add-in file and after loading, you could see the custom tab. Here is a sample add-in which creating a custom tab.

You could visit the following link to see a good tutorial

https://www.rondebruin.nl/win/s2/win001.htm

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 17, 2017 10:23 AM