none
Parsing and extracting zip files in blob container using cloud shell RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a zip file in blob container (in datalake gen2 storage) which I want to parse. I need to read the name of zip file and extract date stamp at the end of file name and then create folders in blob and unizp file in the folder.

Please note zip files are password protected and i have password in key vault secret. 

$secret = Get-AzureKeyVaultSecret -VaultName 'MyKeyVault' -Name 'ZipFilePassword';
    Write-Output "SecretValue :  $($secret.SecretValueText) ";

above code is working for extracting password from keyvault but I am not able to parse blob storage files and unzip them. 

Please help 

Thanks in advance

http://furrukhbaig.wordpress.com/

Thursday, August 15, 2019 11:04 AM

All replies

• Firstly, apologies for the delay in responding here and any inconvenience this issue may have caused.

I would recommend you to use the Azure Storage explorer, that’s would be  the best option.

You may refer to the suggestion mentioned in this MSDN link.

How to Compress/Extract Zip Files in #Azure Cloud Shell using Azure #PowerShell

Additional information: You may refer to the suggestion mentioned in this link, you may get an idea on this query.

Disclaimer: This response contains a reference to a third-party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there.

There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Hope this helps! 

Kindly let us know if the above helps or you need further assistance on this issue.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" and Upvote on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 7:06 AM
  • @Furrukh Baig Is there any update on the issue?

If the suggested answer helped for your issue, do click on "Mark as Answer" and “Vote as Helpful” on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 6:57 AM
  • @Furrukh Baig Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.
    Friday, August 23, 2019 5:55 AM
  • @Furrukh Baig Is there any update on the issue?

If the suggested answer helped for your issue, do click on "Mark as Answer" and “Vote as Helpful” on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Monday, August 26, 2019 7:20 AM