App Service Installation Failed RRS feed

• Question

•  Hello all , 

i am having a difficulties in installing App service in my ASDK POC. 

I have tried both online and and offline step but still could find a way to solve this, Im really appreciate is there any help coming from any of you. 

Thanks in advance

Munir Tajudin

Wednesday, August 22, 2018 4:18 PM

Answers

• Looks like we failed because of this error:

{"error":{"code":"InvalidResourceProviderManifest","message":"The resource type 'environments' contains the API profile(s) '2018-03-01-hybrid' which are invalid. Available API profile(s) are '2017-03-09-profile'."}}
    [F568:13264][2018-08-21T19:31:16]: [Websites]: Step Register AppService Admin Resource Provider has completed: Failed

May I ask what version of the Azure Stack you are running?  What about the version of App Service (appservice.exe) you try to install?

• Marked as answer by Munir Tajudin Tuesday, August 28, 2018 12:04 AM
    Monday, August 27, 2018 4:23 AM

All replies

• Hello,

We will need to collect some logs in order to investigate App Service deployment issues.

If you could, please email ascustfeedback@microsoft.com to get a workspace setup to upload your logs.

Note: The App Service deployment logs are located in the folder you ran the App Service deployment from.

Make sure to use a Work, Organizational or Student address when contacting ascustfeedback@microsoft.com and include the thread URL in the subject. 

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your time and interest in Azure Stack.

If you experience any issues with Azure Stack or the current ASDK release, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks

Gary Gallanes

Wednesday, August 22, 2018 6:27 PM
  • First step, please make the log available so we can download and take a look.  You can use the "Open log file" button on the UI and save the content or there is a file starting with appservice at the same location of the AppService.exe.
    Thursday, August 23, 2018 1:37 AM
  • Hello Gary, 

i have tried to sent an email regarding this to ascustfeedback@microsoft.com but somehow the email was bounce back to me. i have tried oth with my work and personal email. 

kindly advice me. 

Munir Tajudin

Friday, August 24, 2018 2:27 AM
  •  Hello Chun Ye, 

you may refer to log here

Munir Tajudin

Friday, August 24, 2018 2:31 AM
  • Looks like we failed because of this error:

{"error":{"code":"InvalidResourceProviderManifest","message":"The resource type 'environments' contains the API profile(s) '2018-03-01-hybrid' which are invalid. Available API profile(s) are '2017-03-09-profile'."}}
    [F568:13264][2018-08-21T19:31:16]: [Websites]: Step Register AppService Admin Resource Provider has completed: Failed

May I ask what version of the Azure Stack you are running?  What about the version of App Service (appservice.exe) you try to install?

• Marked as answer by Munir Tajudin Tuesday, August 28, 2018 12:04 AM
    Monday, August 27, 2018 4:23 AM
  • It seem like the compatibility of app service issue, as my asdk is 1805 and the app service version is 1.3 , i have redeploy my asdk to 1807 but some other hiccup happen during installation, you can find it in this thread

Munir Tajudin

Tuesday, August 28, 2018 12:04 AM
  • Yes for 1.3, you need asdk 1807.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-stack/azure-stack-app-service-release-notes-update-three

Let me talk to Gary to forward the other thread to the right team.

Tuesday, August 28, 2018 12:33 AM