windows workflow 4.0 flowchart RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I am new to workflow and currently making one sample application in which there are 4 different roles. 1) creator 2) 1st approver 3) reviewer and 4) 2nd approver. I make  flowchart and code activities for all type of users and flow of application is like "Creator create ticket and then 1st approver approve/reject/sendforreview that ticket, if approve then 2nd approver approve/reject it else if sendforReview then reviewer approve/reject it, after approval of reviewer 2nd approver will approve/reject the same.

I have one table of my application in sql server and others are created by execute script of WF 4.0.

When creator creates ticket then how 1st level approver will get all records submitted by creator and pending for actions by workflow?

and also how reviewer and 2nd approvers will get records in their queue by workflow not by applying manual logic to select based on approval status flag.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010 8:40 AM

All replies

• Hi,

->"When creator creates ticket then how 1st level approver will get all records submitted by creator and pending for actions by workflow?"
    When creator creates ticket workflow can do two things, 1. update the database(created by yourself, not persistence database); 2. send 1 level approver an alert(email , msn, etc.) with an url to a page to do actions or presend buttons and forms directly. after finishing these two steps, workflow is idled and persisted in database. (by bookmark activity or Receive activity).

->"and also how reviewer and 2nd approvers will get records in their queue by workflow not by applying manual logic to select based on approval status flag."
    After the 1st approver approve the ticket. workflow  update the database and send a alert to the reviewer.

Hope this helps
    Regards
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Microsoft Online Community Support. My Blog:http://xhinker.com "Microsoft Windows Workflow Foundation 4.0 Cookbook"
    • Marked as answer by Andrew_Zhu Tuesday, October 5, 2010 6:30 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by SubhashGorasiya Tuesday, October 5, 2010 2:16 PM
    Friday, October 1, 2010 8:36 AM
  • Hi Thanks for reply,

but my question is that how system will fetch data from database based on role, by applying our logic or workflow will automatically set the data as per user?

Suppose I create ticket then as per our login there is one flag for level1approver in database and when approver will login then if we retrieve data by check level1approverflag != checked which is our logic. but if we considering workflow then how data should be retrieve for level1approver?

Tuesday, October 5, 2010 2:16 PM