none
How do I get data for the processes taking CPU and Workers percentage? RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a metric which shows the graph of CPU percentage and Workers percentage but when I click on the metric, I see the same graph with more sampled points. However, I am looking for the processes that are running in a custom sample time. For example:

metric

In the above metric, there is a sharp spike in the worker processes and I want to know the cause of it but on clicking all I see is the same version of the graph opened in app insights. So, where will I get to know the processes causing the spike in CPU and worker processes?

ms forum help

Friday, February 1, 2019 5:18 PM

Answers

• After creating a metric chart to display in your dashboard, clicking on the chart will take you back to Application Insights.  From there, you can use Application Insights to further analyze the chart data.  Since you are looking for additional information, I would analyze the chart by clicking "View in Analytics" in the upper right.  From there, you can adjust your query to give you the data you are looking for.

For example, let's say I've created a chart with the following query:

// Response time: average request duration over the last 12 hours
    requests
    | where timestamp > ago(12h) 
    | summarize avgRequestDuration=avg(duration) by bin(timestamp, 10m) // use a time grain of 10 minutes
    | render timechart

I've added it to my dashboard, and clicked on it to view it in Application Insights.  What I want to know is what URL is being hit during the spikes so I open the query in Analytics:

Once I have the query in Analytics, I can modify the query to show the data I'm interested in.  In this example, I've added the URL:

Additionally, you can view the data as a table and narrow the time window to show just the event you are interested in.  This will allow you to see if any data stands out.
    Sunday, February 3, 2019 12:30 AM

All replies

• After creating a metric chart to display in your dashboard, clicking on the chart will take you back to Application Insights.  From there, you can use Application Insights to further analyze the chart data.  Since you are looking for additional information, I would analyze the chart by clicking "View in Analytics" in the upper right.  From there, you can adjust your query to give you the data you are looking for.

For example, let's say I've created a chart with the following query:

// Response time: average request duration over the last 12 hours
    requests
    | where timestamp > ago(12h) 
    | summarize avgRequestDuration=avg(duration) by bin(timestamp, 10m) // use a time grain of 10 minutes
    | render timechart

I've added it to my dashboard, and clicked on it to view it in Application Insights.  What I want to know is what URL is being hit during the spikes so I open the query in Analytics:

Once I have the query in Analytics, I can modify the query to show the data I'm interested in.  In this example, I've added the URL:

Additionally, you can view the data as a table and narrow the time window to show just the event you are interested in.  This will allow you to see if any data stands out.
    Sunday, February 3, 2019 12:30 AM
  • But will it show worker processes data too? I doubt it shows only CPU usage data

ms forum help

Wednesday, February 6, 2019 9:04 AM