none
wince directshow RRS feed

• Question

• When i use the following code given in the following address in my cm-t3530 (arm) board with wince 6.0 image installed. i am not able to play any video.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa451352.aspx

I have used all the lib files and header mentioned in directshow help. It gets compiled for my target and is successfully deployed too, but fails to play the video- a blank screen.

REgards

Thursday, August 4, 2011 6:26 AM

All replies

• Maybe your CE 6.0 image does not include the codec necessary to play the video.
    Luca Calligaris lucaDOTcalligarisATeurotechDOTcom www.eurotech.com Check my blog: http://lcalligaris.wordpress.com
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 7:25 AM
  •  

Can you let us know the following :-

What is that you are trying to render on screen (a camera output, a media file etc) ?

Try to log the error from the driver, if you are using a sensor.

If it is media file try to play with WMP

Senior Design Engineer T.E.S Electronic Solutions (Bangalore-India) www.tesbv.com email-misbah.khan@tes-dst.com
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 8:07 AM
  • when i try to play a .avi file thru WMP it says " no renderer installed"

How do i solve this. does it mean that codecs are not there.

I am using compulab's cm-t3530 evaluation board that has wince 6.0 image as an OS.

Regards.

Thursday, August 4, 2011 3:14 PM
  • my main job is to capture video from an ip camera, but since i am a novice in wince, i am starting with playing media files that i copied into the device (compulab's cm-t3530 evaluation board- wince ce6.0 image) from my PC through microsoft active sync.

Right now it's not even playing a .avi file.

regards.

Thursday, August 4, 2011 3:16 PM
  • For playing .avi file you require special codec to decode the file.  Such a decoder is not present in your wince image so you are getting this error.

Why dont you try playing .wmv file any other windows media file ?

---Misbah

Senior Design Engineer T.E.S Electronic Solutions (Bangalore-India) www.tesbv.com email-misbah.khan@tes-dst.com
    Friday, August 5, 2011 5:14 AM
  • how shall i put those codecs into my  wince image.

As i said that i want to capture video from an ip camera, can you suggest how to achieve this

regards.

Friday, August 5, 2011 5:32 AM
  • Go through this blog post.It will give you starting point to get the USB camera working on your kit.

Friday, August 5, 2011 6:44 AM
  • For rendering the camera output, you don't require it. Software filters which comes with wince is capable.

Your camera output can be YUV,RGB etc format that needs to be rendered onto the video layer of the processor.

The data stream from the sensor is not compressed/encoded.

If you are able to play a .wmv file then it shows that the filter to convert YUV to RGB888 is present and you are able to render that over video layer.

---Misbah

Friday, August 5, 2011 6:45 AM
  • i am talking about ip camera , not usb. Is the principle same for both? I am not able to find anything about how to capture and record video from an ip camera in wince.

thnx

Friday, August 5, 2011 2:42 PM
  • it doesn't play even wmv.

thnx

Friday, August 5, 2011 2:42 PM
  • when i compile the build the image as mentioned in your blog. it gives 37 errors...

e:\ wince\platform\cm-t35-bsp\src\csp\inc\sdhc.h:error c2061:syntax error:indentifier 'PSD_CARD_INTERFACE_EX'

it gives undeclared identifier for the same 'PSD...' in sdhc.c file

how to solve this.
    Tuesday, August 9, 2011 11:39 AM
  • SD card has to do with the camera test application. The error is related to your BSP code. The missing identifiers are in %_WINCEROOT%\PUBLIC\COMMON\DDK\INC\sdcardddk.h. You may also ask compulab for support
    Luca Calligaris lucaDOTcalligarisATeurotechDOTcom www.eurotech.com Check my blog: http://lcalligaris.wordpress.com
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 9:57 AM
  • when i remove sdio memory from the catalogue, there are only two errors left after build. the error comes in halscap.cpp.

any idea?

Wednesday, August 10, 2011 10:35 AM
  • BUILD: [01:0000001498:ERRORE] E:\WINCE600\PLATFORM\CM_T35_BSP\SRC\CSP\omap35xx\DISPLAY\DDGPE\.\halcaps.cpp(169) : fatal error C1189: #error : DDSCAPS_OWNDC not defined, please install all QFEs (DDSCAPS_OWNDC was added in January 2008 QFE).

this is the error.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011 11:39 AM
  • you installed the January 2008 QFE, didn't you? since those errors are happening in building a BSP which you pay money for, looking at compulab web site, why don't you contact their technical support?
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 11:58 AM
  • i am in contact with them but they don't look serious about their customers.

from where can i get this january 2008 QFE

Thursday, August 11, 2011 5:53 AM
  • You can use either the Platofrm Builder update support in VS 2005 (Tools->Platform Builder for CE 6.0->CE Update Checker) or try it here

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsembedded/en-us/downloads/download-windows-embedded-ce6.aspx

Best regards,

Mike

Thursday, August 11, 2011 10:20 AM
  • would installing wince R2 and R3 solve the problem..

are updates different from R2 and R3.

thnx

Thursday, August 11, 2011 11:43 AM
  • I think R3 was released in 2009 so it should have the QFEs of 2008 included that you are looking for.

Thursday, August 11, 2011 12:54 PM
  • yes it did...

my os image compiles now without errors.

could you suggest me how to proceed with video capture and record in wince from an ip camera. are there any ready made source code.

regards.

Thursday, August 18, 2011 8:31 AM
  • i have added directshow filters and other mpeg-1. mpeg2... to my os image and installed on the kit. but now when i connect the usb camera, it gives ünidentified usb device ërror..

thnx

Friday, August 19, 2011 8:47 AM
  • i did it all...

everything seems to be ok. now when i connect the usb camera to the port of the kit, ünidentified usb device error doesnt come anymore. but when i run the camerashowapp.exe it doesnt display cam1: in its combo box.

i have tried everything.

one thing is that i have wince6.0 in my e:

whenever i open the image solution in vs 2005, it gives error cannot find c:\wince...... usb.pbxml

and c:\wince....\jpeg2rgb.pbxml

i tried to remove them from the catalogue view but it doesnt

however i have manually added e:\ usbd.pbxml and e:\jpeg2rgb.pbxml manually. and usbcam.dll and jpeg2rgb are present in the release directory.

in the new image also they are present in the windows directory.

please help

Tuesday, August 23, 2011 5:52 AM
  • Build the debug version of the OS and try to enable all the debugzones of the USBCAM.dll. And check whether what is happening when you plugin your camera.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011 6:32 AM
  • u mean to say i must select the cm_t3530.... debug directory and then "clean and sysgen"

how to enable all the debugzones of the usbcam.dll?

warm regards

Tuesday, August 23, 2011 7:20 AM
  • Change to debug build by using Build—>Configuration Manager dialog,change it to Debug build.
    Then build your BSP using “Advanced Build Commands—> SYSGEN”.

Enable the debug zones for usbcam.dll by adding the following registry in the Development Host PC registry settings.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Pegasus\Zones]
    “CAMMDD”=dword:0000FFFF

Add the above registry before booting your device with the debug OS generated.

For more information on debug zones check out the following article

Tuesday, August 23, 2011 9:07 AM
  • I am writing down every step i did:

1. Active solution configuration : CM_T35_ARMV4I DEBUG

ACTIVE SOLUTION PLATFOR : PLATFORM BUILDER(_TGTCPU)

2. REGEDIT ON MY PC (WINDOWS XP SP2)

UNDER HKEY_CURRENT_USER

create a folder PEGASUS\ZONES

THEN RIGHT CLICK - ADD NEW DWORD

NAME - CAMMDD

VALUE - OOOOFFFF

3. RESTART PC

4. ADVANCED BUILD - SYSGEN

5. 72.5 MB OF NEW FILE (NK.BIN) IS CREATED. IN RELEASE DIRECTORY IT WAS OF THE SIZE 35 MB.

6. COPY NK.BIN TO SD CARD AND THE BOOT FROM SD CARD TO WRITE NK.BIN INTO FLASH

7. RESET THE SYSTEM. BOOTS FROM FLASH NOW

8.COPY CAMERADSHOWAPP.EXE FROM THE RELEASE DIRECTORY INTO THE DEVICE USING

MICROSOFT ACTIVE SYNC

9. ATTACH THE USB CAM. - NOTHIN HAPPENS. NO "UNIDENTIFIED USB DEVICE" ERROR HAPPENS.

9. RUN CAMERADSHOWAPP.EXE IN THE DEVICE

RESULT - CAM1: NOT DISPLAYED IN THE COMBO BOX - SAME AS EARLIER

NOW IT DOESNT EVEN SHOWS ANYHTING IN THE TWO EDIT BOZES UNDER COMBO BOX.

WARM REGARDS.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011 10:58 AM
  • this is what i get on hyperterminal  when i run cameradshowapp.exe

Compulab Windows CE NAND X-Loader for CM-T35                                           
    Built Dec 20 2009 at 16:48:16                            
    Version 1.01.222               
    Commit Date 16/12/09                   
    Jumping to bootloader                    

Microsoft Windows CE Bootloader Common Library Version 1.4 Built Dec 20 2009 16:                                                                               
    46:16    
    INFO:OALLogSetZones: dpCurSettings.ulZoneMask: 0x200b                                                    

Texas Instruments Windows CE EBOOT for CM-T35, Built Dec 20 2009 at 16:48:10                                                                           
    Version 1.01.222               

OMAP3430 Version 0x4b7ae02f (Unknown)                                    
    TPS659XX Version 0x10 (ES2.x)                            
    -OEMPinMuxSetup....                  
    System ready!            
    Preparing for download...                        
    INFO: Predownload               
    +FMD_Init        
    Checking bootloader blocks are marked as reserved (Num = 6)                                                          

+FMD_Init        
    WARN: Boot config wasn't found, using defaults                                             
    +FMD_Init        
    OALFlashStoreOpen: 4096 blocks, 64 sectors/block                                               
    OALFlashStoreOpen: 2048 bytes/sector, 14 reserved blocks                                                       
    Calling LCD_TurnOn                 
    +FMD_Init        
    +FMD_Init        
    BLConfigureFlashPartitions: dwBootPartitionSectorCount = 0x5fff, partition actua                                                                               
    l size =0x4d3a!!!                
    Hit space to enter configuration menu 5...                                         
    Hit space to enter configuration menu 4...                                         
    Hit space to enter configuration menu 3...                                         
    Hit space to enter configuration menu 2...                                         
    Hit space to enter configuration menu 1...                                         
    INFO: Boot Device location = 0x8000020                                     

Load NK image from flash memory                              
    +FMD_Init        

ROMHDR (pTOC = 0x823b8c28) ---------------------                                               
      DLL First           : 0x4001c001                                 
      DLL Last            : 0x41c7c0d8                                 
      Physical First      : 0x84001000                                 
      Physical Last       : 0x863bbdec                                 
      Num Modules         :        294                                 
      RAM Start           : 0x863c0000                                 
      RAM Free            : 0x863d5000                                 
      RAM End             : 0x90800000                                 
      Num Copy Entries                        
      Copy Entries Offset : 0x85256e38                                 
      Prof Symbol Length  : 0x00000000                                 
      Prof Symbol Offset  : 0x00000000                                 
      Num Files           :        116                                 
      Kernel Flags        : 0x00000002                                 
      FileSys RAM Percent : 0x00000020                                 
      Driver Glob Start   : 0x00000000                                 
      Driver Glob Length  : 0x00000000                                 
      CPU                 :     0x01c2                                 
      MiscFlags           :     0x0002                                 
      Extensions          : 0x84002020                                 
      Tracking Mem Start  : 0x00000000                                 
      Tracking Mem Length : 0x00000000                                 
    ------------------------------------------------                                               

NK Image Loaded            
    Launch Windows CE image by jumping to 0x80001000...                                                  

Windows CE Kernel for ARM (Thumb Enabled) Built on Apr  5 2011 at 17:47:22                                                                         
    +OEMInit       
    ýSETDATAOUT access is OK....                           
    Forcing clean boot                 
    MainMemoryEndAddress = 0x90800000                                
    -OEMInit       
    +FMD_Init        
    Dumping registry defined VK                          
    Row 0:  0x18    0x9     0x25    0x0     0x0     0x0                                                  
    Row 1:  0x26    0xd     0x28    0x0     0x0     0x0                                                  
    Row 2:  0x27    0x24    0x23    0x0     0x0     0x0                                                  
    Row 3:  0x0     0x0     0x0     0x0     0x0     0x0                                                  
    Row 4:  0x0     0x0     0x0     0x0     0x0                                             
    Row 5:  0x0     0x0     0x0     0x0     0x0     0x0                                                  
    SMSC922x: Core Ethernet Init.                            
    Lan9220 identified. ID_REV = 0x92200000                                      
    SMSC922x: MAC address = 00:01:c0:0a:a0:db                                        
    Lan9220 identified. ID_REV = 0x92200000                                      
    SMSC922x: MAC address = 00:01:c0:09:88:80                                        
    SDIO8686: Loading Driver [version = 38.p44]                                          
    SDIO8686: Reset with TPS GPIO 2 --> done                                       
    !!!Kernel mode PSL 'PRdr' de-registered!!!                                         
    !!!Kernel mode PSL 'HRdr' de-registered!!!                                         
    !!!Kernel mode PSL 'FRdr' de-registered!!!                                         
    EHCI USB Host: HcdPdd_Init+                          
    [OTG] OMAPMHSUSBOTG::Init()+                           
    OMAPMHSUSBOTG::PostInit(): Start.                                
    DSPLINK Module (1.61.04) created on Date: Jun 24 2009 Time: 16:30:52                                                                   

Display parameters:                  
            Height = 0x280                     
            Width = 0x1e0
            HSW = 0x20
            HFP = 0x8
            HBP = 0x17
            VSW = 0x1
            VFP = 0x4
            VBP = 0x3
            DVI is not enabled
            PixelClkDiv = 0x7
            LogClkDiv = 0x1
            ClkSelDSS = 0x5
    TD035:: LCDTurnOn
    TD035STEE1: Turned display on.
    TD035:: Finished LCD VGA init
    AUTOLAUNCH: Checking HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Startup key for programs to run.
    Can't open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Startup key.
    [WiFi]: Firmware Version: 9.70.3.23
    CCaptureFramework: Failed setting up the camera data.
    CameraDShowApp: Initializing the camera driver list failed.CameraDShowApp: Retri
    eving the driver list failed.CameraDShowApp: Selecting the camera device failed.
    CameraDShowApp: Selecting the camera device failed.CameraDShowApp: Selecting the
     camera device failed.CameraDShowApp: Selecting the camera device failed.CCaptur
    eFramework: Retrieving the still stream config failed.
    CameraDShowApp: Initializing the capture graph failed.

Thursday, August 25, 2011 11:28 AM
  • I have used the Compulab T-3530 board but have no experience with USB cameras, sorry.  Everything in the debug output from "[WiFi]:Firmware Version 9.70.3.23" and previous to that is related to boot-up.  I see nothing out of the ordinary there.

The line that says "CCaptureFramework: Failed setting up the camera data" is where your problems start.  Can you search for that "failed setting up the camera data" message in your BSP code?  If you know where that msg comes from, set some breakpoints in that code and see what is going on.

email me: D HART (remove the space after the D) AT OICO dot COM
    Thursday, August 25, 2011 3:14 PM
  • thnx....

i am quiet knew to wince.... actuallu i had to write a software to record and stream video from an ip camera, but couldn't find anything how to start with. thus i started to get usb camera work first, because there was some help on the net on that subject.

otherwise could you advice how to get that working in linux (angstrom linux on cm-t3530)

regards.
    Thursday, August 25, 2011 3:33 PM