database project in VS 2005 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have  VS2005 Team suit installed and also VS2005 Team edition for DB Proff. Now I took down a solution with three db projects in it but they din't load. I tried reload but it failed as well with error that SQL SERVER WAS NOT FOUND OR NOT ACCESSIBLE....ERROR 26.

I went in tools - options - dbtools - design time validation db and checked the server instance name and connect to it thru sql server 2005 mgmt studio and got in ok.

what could be the issue for unloaded db projects in VS ?

does it use windows authentication when connecting from VS?

Tuesday, June 7, 2011 12:58 PM

Answers

All replies

• The project is probably trying to run schema validation against the DB's referenced in the project. 

Because the project has been setup to use Windows Authentication to access the databases, it will use the current logged on user running VS to connect to the server and databases. 

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt) MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Please mark solved if I've answered your question, vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    Wednesday, June 8, 2011 5:59 AM
  • Hi csharpdevelop[er,

Welcome to the MSDN Forum.

There are several things I would like to clarify with you:

• Did the solution use a local SQL Server instance or a remote one?
    • What is the full error message you received?

If you are using a remote database instance, I'm afraid you'll need to switch and use a local SQL Server instance. Please see:

If the above is not the scenario you are experience, would you please help provide more information about your issue, so that we could reproduce it in our system?

Waiting to hear from you.

Best Regards,

Andrew Wu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, June 9, 2011 9:26 AM