none
How to Match "Publisher Display Name"? RRS feed

• Question

• I tried to upload the Appx package, but it says Package acceptance validation error: ThePublisherDisplayName element in the app manifest is 2XXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXF, which doesn't match my publisher display name "Lxxxxxxx Cxxxxxx Limited". So I tried to use "Lxxxxxxx Cxxxxxx Limited" as ThePublisherDisplayName, but it says my publisher display name should be "2XXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXF". What should I do? I cannot upload the appx and is feelign frustrated...
    Tuesday, May 15, 2018 6:55 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Have you associated with Store when creating your package? This should align all the identity info in your package manifest with Dev Center, including publisher info.

Still, you'd better check your correct publisher display name in App identity page under the App management section.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 15, 2018 8:00 AM
  • Thanks Mattew Wu and sorry for the late reply. I have tried all the things for more than a month indeed but still no luck. I moved to Advanced Installer and worked as a charm. Too bad that the package contains more than one exe files so the packaged app was rejected. I might as well rewrite the whole program in C# to make sure that the program is up-to-date and meet MS's all requirements and is struggling on it.
    Thursday, July 19, 2018 1:40 AM