none
Windows Update 1909 and Kinect v2 broke my integrated webcam RRS feed

• General discussion

• I'm at my wits' end trying to fix my integrated webcam. I installed a Windows Update 1909 on Windows 10 x64 and now neither my integrated webcam nor my Kinect works. The examples in Kinect SDK Browser v2.0 does run properly, but none of the apps that rely on a webcam will work (whether it is using the Kinect as a webcam or using my integrated webcam). The strangest thing is that it worked momentarily as a webcam several days ago and then stopped working entirely. This makes me think that a previous driver allowed it to work, but I've reverted to all the previous drivers that I can find and none of them work anymore.

I have tried all the suggestions from multiple threads on this site and on reddit from others facing a similar problem.

I have tried every permutation of:

Enabling and disabling
    Camera Privacy Settings (including "Allow desktop apps to access your camera")
    Microphone Privacy Settings (including "Allow desktop apps to access your microphone")
    2. Installing and uninstalling (including right-clicking and hitting install on the .inf file instead of running the .msi)

Kinect Runtime v2.2_1811
    Kinect Runtime v2.2_1905
    3. Installing and uninstalling the drivers from Device Manager

"WDF KinectSensor Interface 0" - 2.2.1905.16000
    "WDF KinectSensor Interface 0" - 2.2.1811.10000
    "WDF KinectSensor Interface 0" - 2.0.1409 (provided with Kinect SDK)
    4. Installing and uninstalling Kinect SDK

Kinect SDK-v2.0_1409-Setup.exe
    5. Installing WindowsPreview.Kinect_2.2.1905.16001

Opening the Camera app currently gives me a 0xA00F4243<CameraReservedByAnotherApp> (0xC00D3704) error. Perhaps, the Microphone is constantly active causing it to lock up the use of the Kinect camera because under "Microphone privacy settings," there will be a KinectService.exe that states "Currently in use"

I have been able to cause the Kinect to restart repeatedly, by going to Settings > Sound > Input > select "Microphone Array (USB Audio Device)" > Device properties [or] Manage sound devices > Disable. This will cause the Kinect to repeatedly reboot itself as it looks for sound on the microphone array.

Also, if you go back to "Microphone privacy settings," the KinectService.exe will no longer state "Currently in use" if the Microphone Array is disabled.

Running Powershell as an administrator and running the command 'net stop "Kinect Monitor"' stops the use of the microphone (the lights on the Kinect turn off and it no longer states "Currently in use" on the "Microphone privacy setting," but does not allow the use of the Kinect as a webcam still (regardless of whether you do or do not run the command 'net start "Kinect Monitor"' before, during, or after launching the Camera app).

Setting another Microphone aside from the Kinect v2 Microphone Array as the "Default Device" and as the "Default Communication Device" does not help. 

I stayed up past 2 AM last night trying to debug this. Please help. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Saturday, May 23, 2020 12:58 AM