Vista logon issue RRS feed

• Question

•  

I use SDK sample code(RTM version) -- SampleWrapExistingCredentialProvider.

If one user click any account icon, he(she) would be authenticated by fingerprint or smart card...etc.
    That part is OK, but now I want auto-logon some particular account without clicking any account icon. But I have no idea how to implement. All ICredentialProvider or ICredentialProviderCredential function are invoked by LogonUI so I don't know my code would be implemented when or where. If thread is used, I have no idea how to trigger LogonUI to call ICredentialProvider or ICredentialProviderCredential function.

Is there any idea to implement?
    Thanks!!

Monday, September 10, 2007 3:55 AM

All replies

•  

I select using a thread to control logon which account. Now, my problem is I don't know how to trigger LogonUI.exe to invoke the authentication function of ICredentialProviderCredential.

Does anyone know, or there are other methods??

Thanks!!

Thursday, September 13, 2007 3:26 AM
  •  I surveyed this topic for several days, and I still have no any idea. Does anyone know, or mail to me privately. Thanks!!

My mail :leonhartwu@gmail.com

Tuesday, October 2, 2007 9:56 AM
  • Here is my detailed tutorial and all the code about how interaction is done between LogonUI/Provider/credential and any specific thread. It should help you understand what is possible or not to do with threads.
    As you'll see, there's a lot you can do but I'm still not sure that you really need threads for Auto-logon without user interaction. That's why I suggest you to take look at Auto-logon with smartcard scenario . Basically:

-If you have only 1 credential, you can use your username/password set to fill required credential fields&buffers after credentials creation& initialization.Then you'll use GetCredentialCount(...) to enable auto-logon mode. The last thing you'll have to do is to use GetSerialization(..) to fill these retrieve your fields&buffers values.
    -If you're using the wrapped provider sample (
    means you can have more than 1 un-predetermined credential) then auto-logon can be enabled in GetCredentialCount(...) You can take a look at my tutorial to see how you can get username and set password in CSampleCredential::GetStringValue(..). Of course you'll need a way to validate your targeted user.

Have fun.

Tuesday, November 13, 2007 7:38 PM
  • Hi Dehoumon,

I'm interested in this, but I can't open your tutorial page. Would you like to send an email to me or give another link?

Further more, I’m developing a credential provider for Vista. I want to show user’s face by camera and use his face for authentication when he logon, but there must be one and only one CPFT_TILE_IMAGE field for any given credential, and it’s not editable. Where shall I show a user's face?

My Email: zhujiongmin@gmail.com

Thank you

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 10:02 AM
  • Hi zhujiongmin,

-The tutorial is actually here:
    Threads interaction with Vista logon credential provider
    [ http://dehoumon.africus.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=15&Itemid=27 ] .
    Try it again and If you're still not able to open it, I'll send you the text & files by email.

-I've recently developed a biometric credential provider which had to show the user's finger when inserted in the biometric camera and I know this CPFT_TILE_IMAGE issue can be a real pain. Here is what you need to know about that:
    About Vista Credential Provider's TILE image interactivity .

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 5:12 PM
  • Hi Dehoumon,

Thank you very much! However, I can't open both of links you send yet.  I'm still blocked now. Would you like to send these files, including "About Vista Credential Provider's TILE image interactivity", by email?

Have a nice day!

Best wish,

Zhujiongmin

Wednesday, November 28, 2007 2:06 AM