EDI Batching Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I am facing an unknown issue while try to Batch incoming edi's into one EDI . Batching orchestration pick ups all the EDI but throw below error.

Error Details:

The property protocolVersion length[10]  exceeded the maximum allowed length[5] .

Any solutions for this.

If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful or marked as answer.

Friday, November 27, 2015 11:06 AM

Answers

• Please answer a question from the other thread:  where did you get this schema exactly?

The error is caused by the root node name not following the BizTalk EDI conventions.

X12_005010X298_837R1 is invalid because the protocol version, 005010X298, is too long.  Change the root node name to:

X12_00501_837

Basically, withing BizTalk EDI, you're treating the PACDR like any other 837 which is perfectly fine.

If you're using any Maps, all you have to do is Replace in the .btm file to make the change.

Sunday, November 29, 2015 1:37 PM

All replies

• Hi Anurag,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

Exactly when and where are your getting this error, could you please provide some more details that would help us to provide you solution.

Thanks,

If my reply is helpful please mark as Answer or vote as Helpful.

My blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Friday, November 27, 2015 3:53 PM
  • HI Kamlesh,

I am creating PACDR_298 EDI from FlatFile and send to a destination folder and want to batch EDI's generated from each flat file. for this have created a batch with BatchID = 2 , ToBeBatched = true;

set to sheduler 2 minutes. When m droping flatfile Batching orchestration pick up all the EDI.

when opening service details from running batching orchestration. all the EDI are in "Active" status.

But  batching orchestraion not batch consumed EDI. After 5 minutes it suspended with error details "Object reference not set to an instance" .

Sunday, November 29, 2015 6:57 AM
  • Some snaps are below, Hope it will hope you to understanding the problem.

suspended messages:

Orchestration error details:

suspended Orchestration:

Sunday, November 29, 2015 9:43 AM
  • Please answer a question from the other thread:  where did you get this schema exactly?

The error is caused by the root node name not following the BizTalk EDI conventions.

X12_005010X298_837R1 is invalid because the protocol version, 005010X298, is too long.  Change the root node name to:

X12_00501_837

Basically, withing BizTalk EDI, you're treating the PACDR like any other 837 which is perfectly fine.

If you're using any Maps, all you have to do is Replace in the .btm file to make the change.

Sunday, November 29, 2015 1:37 PM
  • Thanks John,

We have modified schema root name as per your detail.
    Now Batching is running perfectly.

Thank you for guidance.

Monday, November 30, 2015 10:19 AM