best practice for dealing with resize events in pageControls

Question

• Hi All

I need to handle some resize events inside of a pagecontrol. However I'm not certain what the best practice would be to do this. So from what I understand to handler screen size changes you add a resize listener with a handler. I'm basing my information found here:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/windowsappdev/archive/2012/04/19/getting-the-most-out-of-your-pixels-adapting-to-view-state-changes.aspx

So my question would be what would you need to do if wanted to handler resize events specifically inside a pagecontrol? Would you have a single event dispatcher (with bubbling??) and then have a bunch of handlers inside each pagecontrol with the same name that all listen to this event? (sorry my understanding of javascript is a little limited)

Monday, October 1, 2012 4:20 PM

All replies

• I do it by calling the current pages updateLayout function if it has some defined inside the resize handler
    Monday, October 1, 2012 8:21 PM
  • Yeah that's what I tried using at first but it doesn't seem to fire consistently.
    Monday, October 1, 2012 9:13 PM
  • I had no problems here. It fires whenever the app moves in and out from snapped mode.
    Tuesday, October 2, 2012 8:02 AM