none
how to make PWA site up or faster RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

can any one suggest.

I had created a site in Project server 2010.Intially it use to be fast when ever i create a new project or Add a new task to exsisting project etc..,From past few days back its became very slow.To add a task into exsisting project it is taking more than 1 min to get it added.

My server is also having good configuration as recommended by share point for instaling project server.

I tried restarting my dev server.But still i am facing same issue.So can any one suggest how can i make my PWA site faster or can i need to restart any other services etc...

Thanks & Regards, Krishna

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 10:22 AM

All replies

• I think you have accidentally posted your question in this Project Customization and Programming forum.

Make sure that you have MS recommended DB maintenance plan is in place

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc973097(v=office.14).aspx

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 9:29 PM
  • Thanks for Reply Hrishi,

Actually i wanted to know with out any customization also why project server or PWA site got slow/down in my machine.If any check points provided to resolve this it could be gratefull.

Thanks & Regards, Krishna

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 5:33 AM
  • Hello!

Many guids are used in Project Server tables - so index fragmentation increases by time.

Have you run maintenance tasks on Project and Content databases as was recommended?

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 7:10 AM
  • Issue is not with your system since we are talking about Project Server. You have to have proper database maintenance plan in place so that Project server performance won't get impacted over the period of time. Also there are other factors like server storage disk performance, network card configuration which you might need to consider looking at, but of course db maintenance should be done before you go down that path

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 2:15 PM