none
When I create a new project a folder in solution explorer have been appeared ... RRS feed

• Question

• When I create a new project after creating it a folder in solution explorer have been appeared, If anybody knows about that so please help me that how can I overcome this problem

Monday, January 29, 2018 7:47 PM

All replies

• In a solution the structure is

Solution folder, a folder for each project beneath the solution folder. In each project folder there are required folders e.g. obj folder for compiling and building the project along with the Bin folder for the final build for a project even if you redirect to build to another location.

So there is no way to not have a project without a folder under the solution folder.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Monday, January 29, 2018 8:24 PM
  • Myself and everywhere I have worked and on the computers on my home network, I use for software development using Visual Studio, I make a C:\\Projects folder and create all VS project solution in C:\\Projects.
    Monday, January 29, 2018 8:51 PM
  • As Karen says, solutions support multiple projects within them. I sometimes use solutions as a way to have multiple small projects, such as things I am trying. Multiple solutions are good for applications where you have a separate Class Library such as a database layer.

If you don't want to have more than one project in a solution then try unchecking the "Create directory for solution" checkbox (as in the right side below) when you create it. I am not sure but that will probably do what you want.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Monday, January 29, 2018 10:43 PM