CDC TASK GETTING ERROR RRS feed

• Question

• 

when i am running the package i am getting this following error all time , can anyone explain me why it is?

Jay

Friday, May 26, 2017 2:36 PM

Answers

• Hi This is the answer:

For SSIS CDC Splitter component the simplest workaround could be to bridge execution of fn_cdc_get_<all|net>_changes_<tracking_instance> functions:

1. Rename upgraded fn_cdc_get_<all|net>_changes_<tracking_instance> to fn_cdc_get_<all|net>_changes_<tracking_instance>_original, e.g.
    exec sp_rename @objname = N’cdc.fn_cdc_get_<all|net>_changes_<tracking_instance>’, @newname = N’fn_cdc_get_<all|net>_changes_<tracking_instance>_original’
    2. Create new stored procedure with the name, how it was before renaming and call original function from it, along with returning all values plus the extra null as __$command_id, e.g.
    create function [cdc].[fn_cdc_get_<all|net>_changes_<tracking_instance>] (@from_lsn binary(10), @to_lsn binary(10), @row_filter_option nvarchar(30))
    returns table
    return select *, null as __$command_id from [cdc].[fn_cdc_get_<all|net>_changes_<tracking_instance>_original](@from_lsn,@to_lsn,@row_filter_option)

Jay

• Marked as answer by Jagdesh.dba Sunday, May 28, 2017 8:00 PM
    Sunday, May 28, 2017 8:00 PM

All replies

• It must be so it has been unable to tolerate such column name it indicated.

Arthur

MyBlog

Twitter

Friday, May 26, 2017 3:14 PM
  • Yes this happened after i did my SQL 2014 CU5 update it was working fine before - Is there any bugs for CDC ?

Jay

Friday, May 26, 2017 6:31 PM
  • Hi This is the answer:

For SSIS CDC Splitter component the simplest workaround could be to bridge execution of fn_cdc_get_<all|net>_changes_<tracking_instance> functions:

1. Rename upgraded fn_cdc_get_<all|net>_changes_<tracking_instance> to fn_cdc_get_<all|net>_changes_<tracking_instance>_original, e.g.
    exec sp_rename @objname = N’cdc.fn_cdc_get_<all|net>_changes_<tracking_instance>’, @newname = N’fn_cdc_get_<all|net>_changes_<tracking_instance>_original’
    2. Create new stored procedure with the name, how it was before renaming and call original function from it, along with returning all values plus the extra null as __$command_id, e.g.
    create function [cdc].[fn_cdc_get_<all|net>_changes_<tracking_instance>] (@from_lsn binary(10), @to_lsn binary(10), @row_filter_option nvarchar(30))
    returns table
    return select *, null as __$command_id from [cdc].[fn_cdc_get_<all|net>_changes_<tracking_instance>_original](@from_lsn,@to_lsn,@row_filter_option)

Jay

• Marked as answer by Jagdesh.dba Sunday, May 28, 2017 8:00 PM
    Sunday, May 28, 2017 8:00 PM