none
Problem with opening Notepad text documents using IE7. RRS feed

• Question

• Here's my problem. I use windows Notepad to write text documents. When I write those text documents, in the toolbar at the top, I have Wordwrap (in the format menu) checkmarked so that I don't have to press the Return key whenever I reach the right edge of the screen. When I'm through & I've saved it & all that, whenever I open a text document later on (unless I'm editing it), I prefer to open it with Internet Explorer 7. There are lots of reasons for this, such as IE7 won't let me accidently change the text document.

& then, a problem happens. Instead of letting things look the way they look when I open the text document with windows Notepad (remember, I use Wordwrap), IE7 makes every single paragraph (no matter how LARGE it is) display as ONE single line of text running for MILES off to the right of the screen. I've tried everything that I can think of to make IE7 display things the way I want the text document displayed, but there seems to be NO way to do this.

Can anyone tell me any method to get around this, or am I going to be FORCED to stop using Wordwrap in my text documents (which would make you wonder why you're allowed to use it in the first place)? Thanks in advance for any answers to this complaint (& I can't believe that IE is in it's 7th version & it still does this).

Wednesday, November 8, 2006 5:40 AM