Is there a dot-net call from code to tell you the total memory your website/app is using? RRS feed

• Question

• User297437924 posted

I have a website of over 500 asp.net pages.   Some operation or combination of operations  uses lots of memory, but I'm having trouble finding it.   It would be useful if there was a dot-net call from code to tell you the total memory your website/app is using.  

Since all my pages inherit from a class, so I could put that call in the class, and whenever the memory suddenly shoots up above a threshold, I could redirect to a page that takes down all the information, including exactly where it happened

So, my question - is there a function in the dot-net languages that tells me how much memory my asp.net website (its not a web-app, just a website) is using.

Thanks

Thursday, August 23, 2018 11:04 AM

Answers

• User1120430333 posted

https://www.howtogeek.com/school/sysinternals-pro/lesson2/

I used PE to track down issues with Web applications running on production IIS several years ago..

WPW3.exe is the ASP.NET/IIS Worker Process that services  a given Application Pool that is hosting your Web program. You right click the WPW3.exe  showing in PE, go to Properties that  is going to let you drill down into WPW3.exe that is going to show you various information as to what the a WPW3.exe is doing.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, August 23, 2018 1:27 PM