excel spreadsheets and Google API RRS feed

• Question

• User-749058405 posted

It has been a while since I have worked with ASP.net and am excited about getting back to it. I have a client that needs to import a spreadsheet with current clients, adresses, etc.. Then import another one with possible clients. These can have rows in the thousands. Once we have that info he wants to use Google API to check the distance between them. Let's say one client is for Monday night, he cant sell within 15 miles of that clietn on the same night. So he needs the calculations to be handled auto and output a spreadsheet with the client info and days he is able to see them an account.

example:

monday night he has a client at one location, Wednesday another client at another location that is within the 15 mile radius of the client your currently checking. So we need to output that client with the available days of Tuesday, Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun. and continue looping through the lists.

I havent worked with the Google API yet, it seems pretty simple from the research I have done. Format link, send info, receive xml. I have also not worked with spreadsheets, but am sure I can figure it out. I am asking for any pointers on the least resource intensive way to accomplish this and handle the spreadheets. So if any of you can offer some help or tips with this project it would be much appreciated.

I am also willing to outsource this if someone has a lot of experience with this and can do it quickly aqnd cheaply so we both make a profit. Otherwise I will just work it myself. If you feel you can do it quickly and correctly let me know. I do not want to post my email for spam reasons, you can contact me at http://houndcomputers.com using the contact form. From there we can discuss in email.

Saturday, August 6, 2011 3:01 PM

Answers

All replies