Typical State Machine Workflow RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I apologize for my english and for my ignorance about WF.

Can anybody help me?

I´m making a training project with State machine workflow and asp.net.

I want to do an aspx page where an user with administrator's role can see the state of all workflows and can force events.

I think to do that i must code the persistence of the workflows.

Must i code the SqlWorkflowPersistenceService in web.config? and add in my aspx page the code:

WFRuntime.AddService(new SqlWorkflowPersistenceService(connectionString));

And then use GetAllWorkflows to get all workflows and show them in a datagrid or a repeater?.

I´ve read about ManualWorkflowSchedulerService, but i don´t know if i must to use it.

Is that correct?, How can i do that?

Any codes and any examples are wellcome.

Regards

Ignacio

Wednesday, February 1, 2006 2:41 PM

Answers

• Hi Ignacio,

To get the state of all the workflows you need not use Persistence Service. Tracking Service provides information about the state of any workflow. I would suggest you to look at the Workflow Monitor and ConsoleTracking Samples of WinWF.

Thanks,

Srikanth.

Wednesday, February 1, 2006 7:19 PM

All replies

• Hi Ignacio,

To get the state of all the workflows you need not use Persistence Service. Tracking Service provides information about the state of any workflow. I would suggest you to look at the Workflow Monitor and ConsoleTracking Samples of WinWF.

Thanks,

Srikanth.

Wednesday, February 1, 2006 7:19 PM
  • Thanks sravula,

I´ve just seen WorkflowMonitor example and I think i will use somethings of that in my training project.

I hope i´m in the correct way.

Regards

Ignacio

Thursday, February 2, 2006 8:14 AM