none
Image Capture by Webcam using WIA RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

anyone give the solution for following problem.

when i invoking the WIA class WIA class from Interop.WIALib.dll it throws an error like

Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {4EC4272E-2E6F-4EEB-91D0-EBC4D58E8DEE} failed due to the following error: 80040154.

Thanq in advance,

Jey

Jey www.hoopla.co.in

Thursday, September 27, 2012 8:17 AM

Answers

• Webcams aren't supported by WIA for Vista and later operating systems.
    Thursday, September 27, 2012 9:11 AM
  • Hi,

when i invoking the WIA class WIA class from Interop.WIALib.dll it throws an error like

Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {4EC4272E-2E6F-4EEB-91D0-EBC4D58E8DEE} failed due to the following error: 80040154.

Thanq in advance,

Jey

Jey www.hoopla.co.in

Hi Jey,

Welcome to the MSDN Forum.

And you can also try this way: http://channel9.msdn.com/coding4fun/articles/Look-at-me-Windows-Image-Acquisition on your XP machine.

The wiaaut.dll COM automation library can be added via "Add Reference" from with Visual Studio.NET 2005 and a .NET wrapper will be automatically generated. Only devices whose drivers support WIA will be available via this interface. Most name-brand cameras will work just fine, but some no-name brands won't appear. If your device appears in the Control Panel's "Scanners and Cameras" interface, then this technique, and this program, should be able to see it. My camera is shown in the figure below.

Best regards,

Mike Feng
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, September 28, 2012 10:38 AM

All replies

• Webcams aren't supported by WIA for Vista and later operating systems.
    Thursday, September 27, 2012 9:11 AM
  • Hi,

Thanq in advance,

Jey

Jey www.hoopla.co.in

Hi Jey,

Welcome to the MSDN Forum.

And you can also try this way: http://channel9.msdn.com/coding4fun/articles/Look-at-me-Windows-Image-Acquisition on your XP machine.

The wiaaut.dll COM automation library can be added via "Add Reference" from with Visual Studio.NET 2005 and a .NET wrapper will be automatically generated. Only devices whose drivers support WIA will be available via this interface. Most name-brand cameras will work just fine, but some no-name brands won't appear. If your device appears in the Control Panel's "Scanners and Cameras" interface, then this technique, and this program, should be able to see it. My camera is shown in the figure below.

Best regards,

Mike Feng
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, September 28, 2012 10:38 AM
  • Hi,

I want to use this code in web application so please tell me how to use webcam to capture image in web application

Jey www.hoopla.co.in

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 7:49 AM