data to array or dataset???? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a win form (visual basic) with a datagridview

I fill the datagridview with the query filltoday

Query filltoday

SELECT     dbo.T_Employee.FirstName + " " + dbo.T_Employee.Name AS "Full name", dbo.T_TimeRegistration.EmpId, dbo.T_MachGrp.Description,

dbo.T_TimeRegistration.StartTime, dbo.T_TimeRegistration.EndTime

FROM         dbo.T_MachGrp, dbo.T_ProdBillOfOper, dbo.T_ShopDoc, dbo.T_TimeRegistration, dbo.T_Employee

WHERE     dbo.T_MachGrp.MachGrpCode = dbo.T_ProdBillOfOper.MachGrpCode AND

dbo.T_ProdBillOfOper.ProdHeaderDossierCode = dbo.T_ShopDoc.ProdHeaderDossierCode AND

dbo.T_ProdBillOfOper.ProdBOOLineNr = dbo.T_ShopDoc.ProdBOOLineNr AND

dbo.T_ShopDoc.ShopDocCode = dbo.T_TimeRegistration.ShopDocCode AND dbo.T_TimeRegistration.EmpId = dbo.T_Employee.EmpId

GROUP BY dbo.T_TimeRegistration.EmpId, dbo.T_Employee.FirstName, dbo.T_TimeRegistration.ShopDocCode, dbo.T_TimeRegistration.HourCode,

dbo.T_TimeRegistration.RegDate, dbo.T_MachGrp.Description, dbo.T_Employee.Name, dbo.T_TimeRegistration.StartTime,

dbo.T_TimeRegistration.EndTime

HAVING      (dbo.T_TimeRegistration.HourCode = 'PR') AND (dbo.T_TimeRegistration.ShopDocCode = ?) AND (dbo.T_TimeRegistration.RegDate = ?)

using the following sentence:

Me.T_TimeRegistration1TableAdapter.Filltoday(Me.Stinis.T_TimeRegistration1, shopdoc, datum)

The result in the data grid is the following:

full name

id nr

description

starttime

endtime

name1

construction

name2

construction

name2

construction

Now I need to alter these data without changing the database. So I think I have to transfer the data to an array. The endtime where it is 0 must come the actual time of this moment, solved timeofday with the following:

tijd = TimeOfDay

Tijdconversie = (Hour(tijd) * 3600) + (Minute(tijd) * 60)

And I have to add the column totaltime (being endtime-starttime/3600)

After altering this I have to put the following columns full name, id nr, description, totaltime in a datagridview again

Question 1 : How do I get my data from the query in an array

Question 2: How do I get my data in a datagridview

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 2:27 PM

Answers

• You can change the local dataset as much as you want and the changes will not make it back to the database unless you execute a .Update method AND have the Insert/Update/Delete SQL command properties set in the tableadapter.

To be especially safe if your paranoid about that you might meet both of these criteria.  Then create a dataview from the dataset and work with the

dim dv as new dataview = dataset.tables(0).defaultview

And to get this data in the datagridview you simply need to set the datasource on the datagridview to the datatable or dataview that you are wanting to display in the grid.

datagridview1.datasource = dv

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 3:34 PM
  • I came up with the following solution after 3 days of seeking for answers, see blue text

SELECT     dbo.T_TimeRegistration.EmpId, dbo.T_Employee.FirstName + " " + dbo.T_Employee.Name AS "Full name", dbo.T_MachGrp.Description,
                          dbo.T_TimeRegistration.ShopDocCode, CASE dbo.T_TimeRegistration.EndTime WHEN 0 THEN ((DATEPART(hh, GETDATE()) * 3600) + (DATEPART(mi,
                          GETDATE()) * 60) - dbo.T_TimeRegistration.StartTime) / 3600 ELSE ((dbo.T_TimeRegistration.EndTime - dbo.T_TimeRegistration.StartTime) / 3600)
                          END AS Totaltime
    FROM         dbo.T_DossierMain, dbo.T_ProductionHeader, dbo.T_ProdBillOfOper, dbo.T_MachGrp, dbo.T_ShopDoc, dbo.T_TimeRegistration,
                          dbo.T_Employee
    WHERE     dbo.T_DossierMain.DossierCode = dbo.T_ProductionHeader.DossierCode AND
                          dbo.T_ProductionHeader.ProdHeaderDossierCode = dbo.T_ProdBillOfOper.ProdHeaderDossierCode AND
                          dbo.T_ProdBillOfOper.MachGrpCode = dbo.T_MachGrp.MachGrpCode AND
                          dbo.T_ProdBillOfOper.ProdHeaderDossierCode = dbo.T_ShopDoc.ProdHeaderDossierCode AND
                          dbo.T_ShopDoc.ShopDocCode = dbo.T_TimeRegistration.ShopDocCode AND dbo.T_TimeRegistration.EmpId = dbo.T_Employee.EmpId
    GROUP BY dbo.T_TimeRegistration.EmpId, dbo.T_Employee.FirstName, dbo.T_TimeRegistration.ShopDocCode, dbo.T_TimeRegistration.HourCode,
                          dbo.T_TimeRegistration.RegDate, dbo.T_MachGrp.Description, dbo.T_Employee.Name, dbo.T_TimeRegistration.StartTime,
                          dbo.T_TimeRegistration.EndTime, dbo.T_DossierMain.OrdNr
    HAVING      (dbo.T_TimeRegistration.HourCode = 'PR') AND (dbo.T_TimeRegistration.RegDate = ?) AND (dbo.T_DossierMain.OrdNr = ?)
    ORDER BY dbo.T_TimeRegistration.EmpId, dbo.T_TimeRegistration.ShopDocCode

Monday, June 26, 2006 6:37 AM

All replies

• You can change the local dataset as much as you want and the changes will not make it back to the database unless you execute a .Update method AND have the Insert/Update/Delete SQL command properties set in the tableadapter.

To be especially safe if your paranoid about that you might meet both of these criteria.  Then create a dataview from the dataset and work with the

dim dv as new dataview = dataset.tables(0).defaultview

And to get this data in the datagridview you simply need to set the datasource on the datagridview to the datatable or dataview that you are wanting to display in the grid.

datagridview1.datasource = dv

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 3:34 PM
  • Untill so far I have managed to get the following, Creating a copy of the datatable, adding a Column "totaltime" and counting how many rows there are. I did it with the following code:

Dim copydatatable As DataTable = Me.Stinis.T_TimeRegistration1.Copy()

copydatatable.Columns.Add("Totaltime", Type.GetType("System.String"))

Dim teller As Integer

teller = copydatatable.Rows.Count

full name
    id nr description starttime endtime totaltime
    name1 153      construction 26820 0
    name2 181      construction 27600 28140
    name2 181      construction 28140 0

How do I go further??

1. Adding/changing  data in datatable construction should be repair

2. Replace the 0 in the column endtime with the current time (tijdconversie)

3. putting in the column totaltime the result of the function (endtime-starttime)

we cannot change the laws of physics

Thursday, June 22, 2006 2:35 PM
  • I came up with the following solution after 3 days of seeking for answers, see blue text

SELECT     dbo.T_TimeRegistration.EmpId, dbo.T_Employee.FirstName + " " + dbo.T_Employee.Name AS "Full name", dbo.T_MachGrp.Description,
                          dbo.T_TimeRegistration.ShopDocCode, CASE dbo.T_TimeRegistration.EndTime WHEN 0 THEN ((DATEPART(hh, GETDATE()) * 3600) + (DATEPART(mi,
                          GETDATE()) * 60) - dbo.T_TimeRegistration.StartTime) / 3600 ELSE ((dbo.T_TimeRegistration.EndTime - dbo.T_TimeRegistration.StartTime) / 3600)
                          END AS Totaltime
    FROM         dbo.T_DossierMain, dbo.T_ProductionHeader, dbo.T_ProdBillOfOper, dbo.T_MachGrp, dbo.T_ShopDoc, dbo.T_TimeRegistration,
                          dbo.T_Employee
    WHERE     dbo.T_DossierMain.DossierCode = dbo.T_ProductionHeader.DossierCode AND
                          dbo.T_ProductionHeader.ProdHeaderDossierCode = dbo.T_ProdBillOfOper.ProdHeaderDossierCode AND
                          dbo.T_ProdBillOfOper.MachGrpCode = dbo.T_MachGrp.MachGrpCode AND
                          dbo.T_TimeRegistration.EndTime, dbo.T_DossierMain.OrdNr
    HAVING      (dbo.T_TimeRegistration.HourCode = 'PR') AND (dbo.T_TimeRegistration.RegDate = ?) AND (dbo.T_DossierMain.OrdNr = ?)
    ORDER BY dbo.T_TimeRegistration.EmpId, dbo.T_TimeRegistration.ShopDocCode

Monday, June 26, 2006 6:37 AM