none
IP camera in .NET RRS feed

• Question

• Dear forum members,

for a project we are searching for a IP camera that can be accessed in a .NET application. The camera will be installed inside a car to record the car interieur. There will also be a PC inside the car running our company own .NET software.

The questions I have:

1. How can I access a IP camera via .NET? Are there any packages we could use to implement a camera component inside our software? It should be possible to trigger the recording functions from inside our software and it should also be possible to get a live image from the camera. 

2. What features should a IP camera have to achieve what we want to do? We thought about buying a Action- or Dashcam because they are cheap, compact and easy to place inside a car. 

3. Are there any wifi cams out there with a API that could support us druing the development of our component? 

I thought maybe somebody here has experience working with IP cameras and the .NET framework and could give me some useful tips or links. I'm a IT intern so I'm not as experienced as a real developer.

I'm thankful for everyone contributing!

Cheers

Thursday, March 22, 2018 12:31 PM

All replies

• Hello MarcusN_,

Check the below link.

How to get an IP camera stream into C#?

Best Regards,

Neil Hu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 23, 2018 6:20 AM