The following forum(s) have migrated to Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Developing Universal Windows apps!
Visit Microsoft Q&A (Preview) to post new questions.

Learn More

Add Thumb to progressbar RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

i want to add thumb to progressbar it's not matter to be changeable

i use custom style but is not move my custom rectangle added except change name to ProgressBarIndicator

i'm using windows phone 8.1

sorry for my english

this is i add to DeterminateRoot add ThumbIndicator

<Border x:Name="DeterminateRoot"
                                Background="{TemplateBinding Background}"
                                BorderBrush="{TemplateBinding BorderBrush}"
                                BorderThickness="{TemplateBinding BorderThickness}">
                                    <Grid>
                                        <Rectangle x:Name="ProgressBarIndicator" 
                                                   Fill="{TemplateBinding Foreground}"
                                                   Margin="{TemplateBinding Padding}"
                                                   HorizontalAlignment="Left" />
                                        <Rectangle x:Name="ThumbIndicator" 
                                                   Fill="White"
                                                   Width="10"
                                                   Margin="{TemplateBinding Padding}"
                                                   HorizontalAlignment="Left">
                                        </Rectangle>
                                    </Grid>
    </Border>

Sunday, September 7, 2014 8:25 AM

Answers

• Why don't you use a Slider instead? It already has a thumb.
    Monday, September 8, 2014 8:07 AM
  • Hi Sadegh_2007,

I have done a test in my side, we can add the thumb for the progressbar, but it seems that it will be hard to let the thumb to move during the progress.

Then it will be better for you to use the Slider control which is suggested by @mSpot Inc for instead.
    #Slider control for Windows Phone:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh202877(v=vs.105).aspx .

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, September 25, 2014 10:48 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Try post all your code here.

I get error using the TemplateBinding.

Are you using windows phone 8.1 silverlight or runtime.

Monday, September 8, 2014 6:06 AM
  • Why don't you use a Slider instead? It already has a thumb.
    Monday, September 8, 2014 8:07 AM
  • Hi Sadegh_2007,

I have done a test in my side, we can add the thumb for the progressbar, but it seems that it will be hard to let the thumb to move during the progress.

Then it will be better for you to use the Slider control which is suggested by @mSpot Inc for instead.
    #Slider control for Windows Phone:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh202877(v=vs.105).aspx .

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, September 25, 2014 10:48 AM